Window Stopped Halfway Down

CarComplaints.com Notes: The Pontiac Vibe is the mechanical twin of the Toyota Matrix.

Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.

4.0

2004 Pontiac Vibe windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Pontiac Vibe:

2004 Pontiac Vibe Owner Comments

Dec 022015

Vibe

2004 Pontiac Vibe gave me an unexpected surprise yesterday while going through a drive-thru window yesterday. I was trying to roll down my window yesterday at my location and my window only went down half way. I didn't think much of in the moment, but then tried to open my door and my door wouldn't open more then an inch. I thought I was too close to the curb. I moved my car out of the drive-thru since I was having issues. Then, I tried to again to roll up or down, it wouldn't move. So, I tried to open the door again, it still wouldn't open. I pushed harder and the window crashed inward onto me. The door still wouldn't open so I push really hard and the door open and the rest of the window crumbled everywhere. I wasn't expecting that.

My window is schedule to be repair today. So I went out to finish cleaning up the rest of the glass in the car. I turned on the car to try and warm up a bit and next my radio stop working. I checked to see if it was the station, no the radio just died. What is going on, this can't be normal.

- , Nor, MI, USA