NHTSA — Steering Problems Seal Of Notes: The Pontiac Vibe is the mechanical twin of the Toyota Matrix.

Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.

2007 Pontiac Vibe steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Pontiac Vibe:

2007 Pontiac Vibe Owner Comments

May 012009

I've had too numerous to mention. But because I would like to sell I don't want to give out too much info here. There are so many times my steering has locked up. If not for the grace of god.... my brakes well, they just have a mind of their own. It doesn't happen often that they go out but I can think of 2 specific incidents if another car was coming through the intersection I would have been history. One thing that I've had it in the shop for many times is that lamp light on my dashboard. I take it in. They fix it. Im not out of the parking lot and its on again. My car is a 2007, garage kept, leather seats, sun roof, sirius fm, and just turned 40K. Its my baby. I hate to part with it but its a death trap.

- Edmond, OK, USA