NHTSA — Steering Problems Seal Of Notes: The Pontiac Vibe is the mechanical twin of the Toyota Matrix.

Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.

2008 Pontiac Vibe steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Pontiac Vibe:

2008 Pontiac Vibe Owner Comments

Jul 222014

Vibe 4-cyl

I have not had an accident, however when the streets are wet, my engine light goes on and the power steering goes off. This has happened twice this week and have had to leave the road because I could not steer. I took the car to ron norris dealership in titusville, Florida and was told there was nothing they could do. I would hate to get hurt myself or kill someone else. What can I do?

- Titusville, FL, USA