NHTSA — Structure: Body Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of Pretty Good

CarComplaints.com Notes: The Pontiac Vibe is the mechanical twin of the Toyota Matrix.

Both models were a joint GM-Toyota venture, manufactured together at a NUMMI production facility in Fremont, CA. Only the heating & A/C systems are different.

4.9

2009 Pontiac Vibe body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Pontiac Vibe:

2009 Pontiac Vibe Owner Comments

May 242009

Vibe

While driving 60-70mph on an expressway in heavy/gusty winds I suddenly heard a loud "woof" sound accompanied by heavy drag and pulling of the vehicle to the left. After regaining control and making my way to the side of the freeway I found that the wind had ripped the splash guard/air dam clear off with the exception of the last fastener on the driver's side. This resulted in the part dragging under the driver's side tire. I was assisted by onstar and a tow driver who helped me to remove the piece, as I would be unable to safely drive the vehicle with it dragging. The dealer replaced the part at my cost and informed me that it would not likely be covered under the ┐bumper to bumper┐ warranty because this type of damage is usually the result of collisions with parking blocks. (basically saying they didn't believe my account of what happened). I was supposed to be contacted regarding an investigation within 1-2 days but so far no word from Pontiac.

- Vail, CO, USA