1. replace/rebuild engine (1 reports)
2004 Porsche 911 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Porsche 911:

2004 Porsche 911 Owner Comments

May 082015

911 Carrera 3.6L H6

Purchased car from a dealership less than two years before this occurred, at the time (2013) there was a class action lawsuit that of course wouldn't include a non original owner despite paying in excess of 35k for the car and had it in the dealership at least three different times for various work.....

One Friday even car failed to start after shutting off for no reason luckily I was in a parking lot but unluckily a bearing crapped out right into the engine resulting in what I've been quoted for a rebuild of 11-35 thousand dollars 11,000-35,000 depending if the core is intact enough to use. I called the Porsche dealership in Danbury, Connecticut and they said they weren't interested in helping with the situation so I can't see continuing my relationship with them or the company.

I feel a little dirty so I'm going to take a bath and trade it in for way less than what I paid and what a non defective automobile would value after less than two years and 10,000 miles on the road. Thanks Porsche I really enjoyed my first automobile experience with you guys and your poorly made vehicle that would won't help with!

- , Stamford, CT, USA