2013 Porsche Boxster engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Porsche Boxster:

2013 Porsche Boxster Owner Comments

Oct 172013

My dashboard reads fault of the engine control system and a yellow engine appears I called Porsche of ramsey NJ as I have not had this vehicle for three months yet and was told not to drive the vehicle they had buckwild towing tow my vehicle to their location I am extremely upset and want restitution from this company I don't have the mileage but I think its 5373 the car was parked at the time I tried to start it and this is what appeared on the dash board.

- Pomona , NY, USA

Jun 262013

I rented a 2013 Porsche boxter conv. They dropped it off to me at store, due to my car being towed away from being hit. Was quickly shown the outside to verify no body or wheel damage' few days later, driving rental, I pull up behind a pick up truck on the coldwater cyn in los angeles, (one way, each direction} traffic came to a standstill, and then my engine shut off, tachometer went to zero. Odd, and as I was reaching for key to restart, I gently put my foot on the accelerator, and wow, car comes alive and lurches into truck in front of me. Now damage to car can be repaired, but if I had been at a crosswalk when this happened, I could have killed or seriously injured pedestrian. \ dealer later tells me car has option of auto stop.\ should be required of rental car companies to inform renter of this feature so as not to have accidents.

- Van Nuys, CA, USA