2004 Porsche Cayenne drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Porsche Cayenne:

2004 Porsche Cayenne Owner Comments

Feb 142014

Cayenne 8-cyl

Upon taking the vehicle out of the driveway I started hearing a ticking sound coming from the engine, something like a lifter hitting the block. I pulled back in to my driveway and called a repair shop and scheduled an appointment. When meeting with the technician I was informed that the engine had a scored cylinder and that it is a common issue with the model and year. The only recourse to fix the issue would be to replace the engine. A replacement engine would cost $17 -35,000 - more than the vehicle is worth. If I were to replace it with a used engine, I would be destined for a repeat of the same issue. If this issue is such a common problem why has there not been a recall for these vehicles? I have contacted the manufacturer and was told that I would need to have a authorized service dealership make the diagnosis I have already been told, but there is not a authorized dealership within 500 miles of my location.

- Billings, MT, USA