2007 Porsche Cayman exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Porsche Cayman:

2007 Porsche Cayman Owner Comments

Jan 172012

I own a 2007 Porsche Cayman S and I just want to complain about what I believe is a dangerous design flaw. The muffler sticks out even so minimally (almost an inch) that I have been burned three different times at exact same area on my lower leg when after driving the car, I go to open my back trunk to retrieve stuff. I've told myself that I'll remember the next time but since this is something that you won't expect from a car, of course, I don't think about it. I have pictures of the burned areas (1 1/2 inchlong and X 3/4 cm wide) in my leg if you want to see them. The latest incident was just last week, 09/04, and the burn is still raw. I sent an email to Porsche of no America and this is what they advised me to do. "the best department to speak with in regards to this matter would be the service or parts department at your local authorized Porsche dealer as they can advise if any amendments or changes can be recommended for this specific concern as they are Porsche's technical support " I've forwarded my complaint to ruznak Porsche.

- Northridge, CA, USA