8.3

2012 Ram 1500 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ram 1500:

2012 Ram 1500 Owner Comments

Jul 022012

1500

At 4000 miles I noticed a "popping" noise from the driverside suspension. At 8000 miles the noise was much worse every time I drive over road cracks, joints, bumps etc... it was more severe. I took it to the local dealership to find out I have a defective shock. It has been 10 days since I took my truck into the shop. I have called Chrysler and the dealership multiple times and it appears the shock is on back order with no delivery date insight. As a consumer I am concerned that there is no fix, no aftermarket replacement. When I was at the dealership on the 2nd of July they said I was the first one on back order. There is now over 1600 on back order. Someone needs to look into this matter. I am frustrated that I am paying $700 mo for a truck I cannot drive due to a lack of parts. Not to mention Chrysler has the worst customer service I have ever had a business dealing with. Never again Chrysler!

- Bettendorf, IA, USA