NHTSA — Equipment Problems

4.3

2005 Saab 9-2X accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Saab 9-2X:

2005 Saab 9-2X Owner Comments

Aug 132007

9-2X 4-cyl

Purchased car approx 2 months ago. Odometer read 24,200 miles. Within two months, and 2,000 miles, the car has been in for a whining noise, alarm, power steering, and an air compressor. After 3 weeks back and forth, I am now on my third differential, second air compressor, second power steering pump, and second alarm speaker. Tomorrow I go back to the shop for the same whining noise, the alarm speaker (out again), the air compressor (extremely noisy), and fuel economy only reaching 12 to 13 mpg(rated 19 to 26). The dealerships "tech center" said that the noises were inherent, but if so, why would they replace the differential twice, and why would it get progressively louder in a weeks time. I loved the car when I bought it, but now it feels as if I bought a lemon. I have been driving loan cars longer than my own.

- Arlington, TX, USA