NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2005 Saab 9-2X (Page 1 of 2)

5.9

2005 Saab 9-2X seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Saab 9-2X:

2005 Saab 9-2X Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jul 022016

9-2X

I recieved a recall for the air bags. I took it to a Saab dealership and they stated that they fixed but could not turn off the air bag light unless I pay them to rewire them

- Midlothian, VA, USA

Apr 012015

9-2X

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Saab 9-2X. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V323000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Galax, VA, USA

May 022016

9-2X 4-cyl

Letter from senator klobuchar on behalf of constituent re 2005 Saab 9-2X recall notice in 2015, that has not been resolved. The consumer was informed the parts were not available. Recall # 15V323000.

- Rochester, MN, USA

Jul 062015

9-2X

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Saab 9-2X. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V323000 (air bags); however, the parts for the recall repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Apr 152015

9-2X

Takata recall I am concerned about the time it is taking to repair this. I understand that the parts have to be made but we are going on almost a year since the original recall letter came to me. When I call GM service centers they tell me that parts haven't been made and have no idea when to expect them. I drive my children around in my car (although not in the passenger side of the car) I am concerned because the recall states small metal objects could come out causing severe or fatal injurys. The car cabin is small and am worried for their safety. Is there some option to turn my car in for trade value due to this? I just want ta safe care for my family. Thanks, rob

- Akron, OH, USA

Jul 132015

9-2X

The contact owns a 2005 Saab 9-2X. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V323000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Merrick, NY, USA

Mar 192016

9-2X

Takata recall - we were informed of the recall nearly a year ago but have not been able to replace the bag. We have not used our front set on a regular basis due to this recall and have been forced to rent cars when we need to seat 5 passengers. This expense is burdensome, and we need an immediate remedy to ensure the safety of our family and our pasengers.

- Berkeley, CA, USA

Mar 152016

9-2X

The contact owns a 2005 Saab 9-2X. The contact recieved notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V323000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was invalid. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Harwinton, CT, USA

Feb 232016

9-2X

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Saab 9-2X. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V323000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 04/14/16

- New Market, MD, USA

Jun 012015

9-2X 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Saab 9-2X. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V323000 (air bags) was received in June of 2015. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 04/14/16 updated 04/18/16.

- Bellbrook, OH, USA

Feb 172016

9-2X

Takata recall called authorized dealer to schedule recall repair and they said no remedy was available. GM needs to issue a fix for this. I am advised not to have anyone sit in the passenger seat due to injury concerns yet the manufacturer has no solution for the problem.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

May 282015

9-2X

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Saab 9-2X. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 11V464000 (suspension) and 15V323000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Hamilton, OH, USA

Jan 012016

9-2X

Takata recall nothing happened but my car is on the list. I have been driving with my seven month old in the car since she was born. This is awful.

- Slc, UT, USA

Jul 152015

9-2X

Takata recall: I received notice of the recall and safety warning in July (although the recall was issued in may) of 2015. Since then I have received no update and by direction of the recall notice and safety concerns, I have not been able to use the front passenger seat of my vehicle. For the past seven months this has been an extreme inconvenience and has greatly reduced the usability and value of my vehicle. I would like to be compensated for this with a temporary replacement vehicle until the recall repairs can be made.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Aug 032015

9-2X

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Saab 9-2X. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V323000 (air bags) however, the part needed for the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that she contacted the local Saab dealer and was advised that they could perform the recall repair at no charge to the owner however, the Saab dealer could not get access to the specific part needed to remedy the defect. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN tool confirms parts are not available.

- Batavia, OH, USA

Jan 072016

- Rockaway, NJ, USA

Jul 012015

9-2X

Takata recall 1. my car is affected by the takata recall, but is not listed in the most recent update on the NHTSA site. 2. more importantly, it has been 5 months since I received a letter stating the issue and telling me not to have anyone sit in the passenger seat. This is difficult to do with a four seat car and a family of 4. I have a potential bomb in my car that may shoot shrapnel out and I can not get it replaced or removed. This is completely unacceptable. Why can this not be disabled or removed (per an email from Saab)? not having anyone sit in the front seat and risking anyone else in the rear seats and driver seat is not a practical solution.

- Cinnaminson, NJ, USA

Jul 102015

9-2X

Subaru of America has determined that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in my 2005 Saab 9-2X. I was sent a notice stating that, " in the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger's frontal air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants potentially resulting in serious injury or death." It's now December and I haven't received a notice to have the part repaired. Will GM/Saab replace the air bag " if not, can they pay the remaining balance on the vehicle and take it"

- District Heights, MD, USA

Nov 062015

9-2X

I am original owner of this vehicle. I received airbag recall statement in July 2015 and have heard nothing further. I contacted Saab customer assistance by email and was told no parts are available and they don't know when they will be. I am concerned that I have been driving an unsafe car until July and then unable to use front passenger seat due to recall statement regarding it being unsafe. I do not think this length of time or lack of commitment towards repair is acceptable.

- Bethel, ME, USA

Jul 272015

9-2X

The contact owns a 2005 Saab 9-2X. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V323000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Camden, ME, USA