NHTSA — Power Train Problems

2.2

2005 Saab 9-3 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Saab 9-3:

2005 Saab 9-3 Owner Comments

Jun 062011

9-3 4-cyl

In April 2011, when I started my car my engine light came on. I had very little power on acceleration until my car hit 2000 RPM. A diagnostic showed it was a throttle position sensor. First occurrence was six months ago, it has happened at least 20 times since. The car will act like this for 2 days then work normal again. I have to proceed with extreme caution pulling out in traffic. I also take off extremely slow from any full stops I make. It is hit or miss every time I start my car.

- Mundelein, IL, USA