NHTSA — Fuel System, Gasoline Problems

2005 Saab 9-3 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Saab 9-3:

2005 Saab 9-3 Owner Comments

Jul 102013

9-3 4-cyl

Car stalled. Will not start....I was told there was a recall on the fuel pump. I called and was told I needed the fuel pump part number. I called the dealer that I bought the car from, still making payments, and he said that he could not assist me because he bought the car from an auction. Please help me, I need to get the fuel pump replaced.

- Mariposa, CA, USA

Jun 062011

9-3 4-cyl

In April 2011, when I started my car my engine light came on. I had very little power on acceleration until my car hit 2000 RPM. A diagnostic showed it was a throttle position sensor. First occurrence was six months ago, it has happened at least 20 times since. The car will act like this for 2 days then work normal again. I have to proceed with extreme caution pulling out in traffic. I also take off extremely slow from any full stops I make. It is hit or miss every time I start my car.

- Mundelein, IL, USA

May 122009

Repeated attempts to tighten gas cap have failed, and results in the cel (check engine light). Since the cap's mechanism is obviously worn out, and this is emissions related, I feel that it should be covered under extended emission warranty.

- Shrewsbury, MA, USA