NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

2006 Saab 9-3 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Saab 9-3:

2006 Saab 9-3 Owner Comments

Mar 012015

The contact owns a 2006 Saab 9-3. the contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the hesitated to accelerate and jerked intermittently. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 800. The VIN was not available.

- Choctaw, OK, USA

Feb 062013

9-3 6-cyl

I have a 2006 Saab 9-3 aero. My engine light has come on. I have tried to get this serviced several times. Each time the dealership/other mechanic resets the codes and tells me there is nothing wrong. Now they tell me it is a evaporator canister purge valve. They tell me that the part costs $425. No labor included. I have found this part for under $45. This is crap!!! I have even found tutorials on how to do it, 1 hour job. I have been trying to get this fixed since it was under warranty two years ago. Now they find the problem? a little suspicious if you ask me!

- Milford, MI, USA