NHTSA — Structure: Body Problems

2009 Saab 9-3 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Saab 9-3:

2009 Saab 9-3 Owner Comments

Mar 142015

9-3 4-cyl

My hood release( what I pull to pop the hood inside of the car) broke 14 months ago and I had the old Saab dealer fix it. You would pull it and nothing would happen. About a month ago the same thing happened. The hood would remain in the completely shut position. On 3-14-15 I was driving 40 miles per hour and the hood flew up and smashed into the windshield. Thank goodness I was not on the highway and there were no cars close by. If this happened on the highway I hate to think what could have happened. It is a very serious issue and clearly there is a manufacturing defect in the hood release mechanism. The hood is unsalvageble as it is so bent.

- Catonsville, MD, USA