NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System: Hose Problems

2.9

2001 Saab 9-5 cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Saab 9-5:

2001 Saab 9-5 Owner Comments

May 282005

9-5 6-cyl

My car has only 50,000 miles. No warning, no escalation, just sudden. Sid L.C.D. display is missing dots and lines causing unreadable display. Checked several "Saab" discussion forums and apperantly this is a very common problem which damages the value of a $40,000+ car. I am afraid to find out how much this is going to cost to repair after seeing how many 9-5 owners have posted "home remedy" repair methods for this. Upper radiator hose- third one in fifty thousand miles from myself and the previous owner whom I knew. They all burst in the same place. Pressure relief cap tested ok. There is no aftermarket manufacturer of this hose that I know of to fall back on for a possibly more reliable product. And also, I again after searching through discussion forums discovered I am not the only one with this problem. Hood badge. Enamel cracked and flacked off of the hood badge on this garage kept car. Luckily I hear (because I'm not the only one) that these are cheap. My car has lost value to no fault of mine and I am going to have to have these things repaired (although they should not need to be) to regain that lost value.

- Tulsa, OK, USA