NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

2.1

2005 Saab 9-7X electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Saab 9-7X:

2005 Saab 9-7X Owner Comments

Jun 112016

9-7X

My family and I were out on a Saturday evening on 6/11/16. We stopped to grab a slice of pizza from one of our famous downtown pizza places. As we sat in the car eating our pizza, we noticed smoke coming from the right side vents and dash board. We immediately jumped out of the car. Well, after smoke, we saw fire. The car was destroyed. The hood, dashboard, front and back seats melted like a piece of paper. My wife and young son were in the car. The car was parked on a city street when smoke/fire started.

- Royal Oak, MI, USA

Sep 052014

9-7X

While driving at night the headlights were set on automatic mode when all of a sudden they went out and I tried to turn them to the regular on position and they did not come on, the high beams did not work either. This has happened on several occasions and from what I read on line I'm not the only one that has this issue. I believe the recall should include my 2005 model as well. Other electrical issues! (instrument panel-gages) most tacked out, also speedometer gage issues (gets stuck at one speed and when yu slow down it doesn't go back down but if you get back up to speed it will continue to climb ie: Showing a false speed of 95-mph but actually only going about 55-mph.

- Sabattus, ME, USA

Jul 012012

9-7X 8-cyl

Ref recall 12180. Same issues exist in 2005 Saab 97X models. We bought this vehicle used and the driver's door master switches were working sporadically. Around the beginning of July 2012, the switches stopped working completely. My wife is disabled, and I've been out of work since 2008. We could not afford to get this repaired out of pocket.when the preliminary notification for the recall came around and we were happy about the news. I'm afraid now, after doing some research that our model year isn't covered. The recall notice shows our vehicle as a 2007, which is in error.

- Gloversville, NY, USA

Nov 012011

9-7X

The contact owns a 2005 Saab 9-7X. The contact stated that the driver's side windows and door locks failed. He also stated that the controls for the side view mirrors and the driver's side heated seat warmer also failed. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 12V406000 (electrical system) but was informed that his VIN was not included in the recall campaign. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis but they offered no assistance. The manufacturer was also notified but offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 95,000 and the current mileage was 102,000.

- San Juan Capistrano, CA, USA

Feb 012012

9-7X 6-cyl

When attempting to reposition the side mirror on the driver's side, using the electric system, there was smoke coming from inside the door. Since that time the driver's side electric system has failed to work. The local Saab dealer claims that the parts are and were at that time unavailable. This problem may be related to the current electrical issue affecting the 2006 and 2007 models.

- Marietta, GA, USA