Jerky Steering Wheel

1996 Saab 900 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Saab 900:

1996 Saab 900 Owner Comments

Jan 082009

900 S 2.3L

I have a 1996 Saab 900S 5-speed. After driving it for about 30 minutes my steering wheel starts to jerk to the right. It does it several times in a row and it is difficult to keep it on the road. I took it to a mechanic and he thinks it is the transmission. I'm double checking because it still does the jerking thing even if the car is in neutral. I am trying to figure out the problem because I am 4 hours from home at school and I NEED my car! HELP!

- , Lawrenceville, PA, USA