2008 Saturn Astra engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Saturn Astra:

2008 Saturn Astra Owner Comments

Jun 242016

To whom it may concern- I have had the pedal pressure sensor (in my 2008 Saturn Astra) replaced 5-6 times over the past few years. The car literally will lose all acceleration and cause the car to slow down very quickly and is a serious life threatening safety concern. Previous times it has occurred I had to push my car off of the freeway and out of traffic. The recent experience was on 6/24/16 and I had my 2 week old son in the car seat. We almost were in a serious collision with a semi-truck because yet again the car lost acceleration and decreased speed drastically. My newborn son's life was threatened (as a semi-truck vs. A Saturn Astra is like an ant vs. A human) and now I am very angry. Saturn and Chevy should be held responsible and follow thru on a recall before this issue causes death or injury; or perhaps it already has. The Chevy dealership in tempe refuses to address the concern and call me back. I took the Saturn to this dealership while the car was under warranty to fix the pedal pressure several times. Now that it is not under warranty I am completely ignored and all I have asked for is a phone number for corporate and/or for who exactly addresses life-threatening safety concerns (as Chevy bought out Saturn). All I have asked for is who to contact and what the next steps are to take and the dealership cannot even follow thru on this. How would you feel if you could not afford a new car and bought a complete piece of trash (overpaid) that threatens your life every 6 months? please..someone help. If you have children or even if you don't; whoever reads this should be empathetic to my huge concern with this death trap.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Mar 032016

Car lose power check engine on diag vehicle replace 2 accelerator pedal still the same problem code P2138 google the vehicle problem GM have open bulletin about some kind of harness replacement for more than 30 models with the same problem it should be a recall

- Upper Darby, PA, USA

Jan 292010

I have a 2008 Saturn Astra. When entering a highway from a ramp, or punching to accelerate, the gas pedal on numerous occasions has stuck to the floor. By tapping it has released but this has happened at least a dozen times in the last 3 months.

- Naperville, IL, USA