NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2009 Saturn Aura seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Saturn Aura:

2009 Saturn Aura Owner Comments

Dec 292014

Aura 4WD 8-cyl

2009 Saturn Aura was hit both in the front and rear and it was a very severe accident; the vehicle was a total loss. No air bags deployed, causing the two passengers to be more injured than they would have been (if at all) had they gone off. The driver had a concussion and the passenger was severely bruised and broke both hands.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Dec 012012

Aura 4-cyl

Even when my seat belts are buckled my seatbelt/airbags are dinging both passenger and drivers side... this is very annoying and needs to be addressed asap. I haven't had any accidents but feel they should be fixed for safety purposes.

Dec 182014

Aura

The contact owns a 2009 Saturn Aura. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 65 mph on ice, the vehicle slid and crashed into a median, spun across three lanes, and crashed into a hill. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was not filed. The contact sustained unknown injuries that did not require medical attention. The vehicle was towed to the dealer and was informed that the frontal impact was not the initial impact; therefore, the air bags would not have deployed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Overland Park, KS, USA

Nov 282014

Aura 4-cyl

I was driving North on the hwy and the other vehicle ran a stop sign and T-boned me on the driver side. My face and body smashed into the drivers door causing sever whiplash and other things not yet identified by my doctor. The drivers door and rear drivers side was smashed pushing up against the seats (front and back) none of the airbags deployed. I am still seeing doctors to figure out what is wrong with my shoulder, neck, and back. Needless to say medical care is still needed.

- Okeechobee, FL, USA

Nov 282014

Aura 4-cyl

I was driving North on the hwy and the other person ran a stop sign and T-boned me on the driver side. My face and body smashed into the drivers door causing sever whiplash and some other things yet identified by an orthopedic surgeon. The drivers door and rear drivers door is smashed all the way to the seats, pushing on the seats and none of the airbags deployed. I am still seeing doctors to figure out what is wrong with my shoulder, neck and back. Needless to say medical care is still needed.

- Okeechobee, FL, USA

Jul 182014

Aura 4-cyl

Air bag lights stay on even when seat belts are buckled.... please look into this for me. I have been having this issue for a while now.

Jan 012014

Aura

My 2009 Saturn Aura keeps saying my seatbelt isn't buckled when it is.... I push it down but it keeps dinging and flashing. It doesn't do it all the time but a lot of the time. I would love to get this fixed since it isn't my fault it's happening.

Jan 012013

Aura

The contact owns a 2009 Saturn Aura. The contact stated that the passenger side service air bag indicator illuminated while the passenger seat was occupied. The dealer stated that the air bag sensor may have failed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 115,000.

- Trenton , GA, USA

Apr 232014

Aura 4-cyl

The first incident was I were driving down the road and the reduce engine message came on. So later I drove and I got on a bridge and it shut completely down. So I waited for a while then it started back up. So the next day it started back, so I took it to a Chevrolet dealer and got a part put on. But the next day it was doing the same thing, so I took it back and they put a new part cause they thought the first one had a defect.so now its reading service ESC and power steering and wont say anything.and the brake light comes on while I'm driving down the road and the BCM goes up.

- Greensboro, AL, USA

Mar 042014

Aura

I was driving on the Pennsylvania turnpike and a newer Toyota Tundra made unsafe lane change and at high speeds came into my lane and made impact and pushed me into cement barrier. The truck then spun counter clockwise and collided with the front of my car. I suffered small neck fractures and severe spinal issues. The airbags never deployed and the doctor stated the front airbag not deploying created issue with the severity of spine injury. Product liability of the Saturn airbags needs to be addressed by GM.

- Morgantown, PA, USA

Feb 012014

Aura

The contact owns a 2000 Saturn Aura. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag failed to activate while a passenger was occupying the seat. The dealer was contacted. The manufacturer had not been made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 31000.

- Lee's Sumit, MO, USA

Jul 012009

Aura 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Saturn Aura. The contact stated that the vehicle crashed into the rear of a vehicle and the air bags failed to deploy. The contact suffered a head injury and required medical assistance. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 60,000. Updated 09/05/14

- Southfield, MI, USA

Apr 232014

Aura 4-cyl

Front seat passenger observed that the passenger air bag light on the dash was indicating off. It remains off when the car is running. Both turn signal lights will not automatically turn off when the turn is completed. Took it to the dealer where I bought the car and he said, without investigating, that the steering wheel would have to be taken off and the turn signal stalk replaced which he estimated would cost $600. I am retired from G.M. and can't afford that. Is there a recall in the future for these defects.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

May 012014

Aura 4-cyl

The passenger airbag has been off for about 30 days now and I am afraid if I get into an accident it will be fatal. This is dangerous - can someone from GM address this issue.

- Eagan, MN, USA