- August 8: GM Recalls 269,000 Vehicles, 66th Recall of 2014
- August 4: No Recall For Saturn Outlook/GMC Acadia Headlight Failures
2004 Saturn Ion
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ahh, the 2004 Saturn Ion: defective transmission, deadly ignition switch, temperamental power steering and a cheap plastic exterior that won’t protect you in a crash. What more could you want?
The 2004 Ion was part of GM’s massive ignition switch recall where it was revealed they waited 10 years – and let 13 people die – before doing anything about it. It also features GM’s now infamous VTi continuously variable transmission. Let me tell you, the only thing the VTi did continuously was fail on its owners. GM scrapped it after only two model years.
Worst 2004 Ion clutch Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- clutch not working properly1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Clutch Assembly1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Clutch Assembly: Pedal/Linkage1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Saturn Ion Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Ion compares to other years?
Check out our Saturn Ion overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Ion.