- August 25: GM Wins Zach Stevens Ignition Switch Trial news | 60 days ago
- August 21: Texas Lawsuit Says GM Ignition Switch Caused Fatal Crash news | 64 days ago
2004 Saturn Ion
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ahh, the 2004 Saturn Ion: defective transmission, deadly ignition switch, temperamental power steering and a cheap plastic exterior that won’t protect you in a crash. What more could you want?
The 2004 Ion was part of GM’s massive ignition switch recall where it was revealed they waited 10 years – and let 13 people die – before doing anything about it. It also features GM’s now infamous VTi continuously variable transmission. Let me tell you, the only thing the VTi did continuously was fail on its owners. GM scrapped it after only two model years.
Worst 2004 Ion electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- won't turn over, engine won't start4
- NHTSA: Electrical System225
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition47
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Switch43
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Anti-Theft Controller14
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Module6
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Fuses And Circuit Breakers1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Saturn Ion Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Ion compares to other years?
Check out our Saturn Ion overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Ion.