- May 19: NHTSA Petitioned to Investigate Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky investigations | 12 days ago
- May 6: Saturn Ion Owner Hangs Himself After Deadly Crash news | 25 days ago
- April 7: General Motors Settles Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 54 days ago
- March 30: GM Ignition Switch Trials - GM: 2, Plaintiffs: 0 news | 62 days ago
- March 15: GM Says Ice Caused Saturn Sky Accident, Not the Ignition Switch news | 77 days ago
NHTSA — Steering Problems
2004 Saturn Ion (Page 1 of 16)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ahh, the 2004 Saturn Ion: defective transmission, deadly ignition switch, temperamental power steering and a cheap plastic exterior that won’t protect you in a crash. What more could you want?
The 2004 Ion was part of GM’s massive ignition switch recall where it was revealed they waited 10 years – and let 13 people die – before doing anything about it. It also features GM’s now infamous VTi continuously variable transmission. Let me tell you, the only thing the VTi did continuously was fail on its owners. GM scrapped it after only two model years.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 12 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 4 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 79,835 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.