- May 19: NHTSA Petitioned to Investigate Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky investigations | 5 days ago
- May 6: Saturn Ion Owner Hangs Himself After Deadly Crash news | 18 days ago
- April 7: General Motors Settles Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 47 days ago
- March 30: GM Ignition Switch Trials - GM: 2, Plaintiffs: 0 news | 55 days ago
- March 15: GM Says Ice Caused Saturn Sky Accident, Not the Ignition Switch news | 70 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Ion still had power steering issues and a defective ignition switch leftover from previous model years, but hey – at least Saturn improved some of its safety rating to marginal, right? Baby steps.
If you had to buy a Saturn Ion – and I would question why anyone would even consider it – I suppose the 2005 could be considered the best of a bad bunch? I mean, GM did finally get rid of that awful VTi transmission, and both the power steering problems and ignition switch defect that plagued owners were recalled. The problem is they waited 10 years to recall the ignition and let over 30,000 warranty claims get filed before they bothered to fix the power steering. So you kind of have to wonder, is GM making these fixes to keep owners safe or just to keep government lawyers from taking all their money? You be the judge.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 57,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)