2005 Saturn Ion transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Saturn Ion:

2005 Saturn Ion Owner Comments

May 232007

Ion

April 2007 - 12 months after the transmission was replaced after the first 11 months of ownership, the transmission failed AGAIN.

Shifting gears, started to lose first gear when it would pop out of position. To compensate, started moving to 2nd faster, then soon 2nd started failing. Gave up at that point, had it towed to dealer.

Since it's under extended warranty, less excited to hand out a free rental, so I have to share with my wife, which results in many lates to work and extra miles on our leased vehicle. Claim clutch is shot, but they don't see why that would cause another complete transmission failure. Unsurprisingly, heard "we've never seen this before" on this car - my magical, miracle, crap-ass GM vehicle. Just think - in only 4 more years I'll own it all for myself!

Saturn - you get what you pay for.

- , Gorham, ME, USA