1. new part installed (1 reports)
2006 Saturn Ion accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Saturn Ion:

2006 Saturn Ion Owner Comments

May 172008

Ion Coupe 2.2L L4

I purchased this pre-owned vehicle no more than two months ago. I can see now why the dealership had it on the show-room floor. When it rains, the sun-roof leaks. This was the second time it has happened. The first time I thought it was my fault and that maybe I had not shut the doors all the way. Since then, I have made sure they are completely shut. We had a terrible storm over the weekend, and one-day into it I discovered a puddle on the front passengers-side floor that was at least an inch deep. Along with that, the seal around the doors was still dripping, creating water-marks on the seats. So, not only does the sun-roof leak, but so does the seal around the doors. The fabric around the sunroof was damp, and after getting out of the car, the alarm would not turn on. After driving it a few hours later and re-parking it, it allowed me to turn on the alarm. However, the next morning- I had complaints that the alarm on my car was going off, without anything being around it to set it off. It would go off for about 5 minutes, be silent for a while, and then repeat the process.

- , Quakertown, PA, USA

Aug 092006

Ion Quad Coupe 3

My car has been in the shop a total of 27 days since my purchase back on 11-30-2005. The sunroof has leaked twice, not to mention it would not operate properly. I have much time and energy wasted in this situation and Saturn Corporation has offered to make two car payments for me, however I am 3 visits away from being able to pursue Saturn Corporation under Virginia's Motor Vehicle Warranty Enforcement Act aka "The Lemon Law". I have asked Saturn Corporation to allow me to trade this vehicle in on a more expensive model, but they refuse. The dealership has tried to step up to the plate, however they can't obviously offer me what I have paid for the vehicle. I have sent many letters, faxes and alot of time on the phone with the dealership, the Better Business Bureau, Congressman Wolf, Senator Allen, the Motor Vehicle Dealer Board for Virginia, Governor Kaine of Virginia, a lawyer, Saturn Customer Service Associates, and the Area Manger. Not to mention the district manager, general sales manager, service advisers, technicians, CEO of General Motors and General Brand Manager, Jill Lajdziak with Saturn Corporation, no one has seen fit to compensate me properly. I didn't seek out a complaint with the intention of personal financial gain, I just wanted Saturn Corporation to concede that this car has issues that have multiplied, due to incompetence and have asked for a suitable resolution to both of our interest's. Saturn talks about being a different kind of company. What I see is the same big business decision being made to hurt the little guy. If Saturn forces me to pursue them in a court of law I will no longer be willing to accept another General Motors Brand Vehicle. This situation has been ridiculous, and I have been told by Saturn personnel that I have been more patient than they could have been, but in acknowledging that they still will not do anything more than pay two car payments...

- , Manassas, VA, USA