NHTSA — Visibility/Wiper Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

CarComplaints.com Notes: When it comes to the 2006 Ion, the biggest questions are: what big problem is going to pop up next? And how long until GM chooses to address it?

The 2006 Ion has a defective ignition switch that gave owners fits. Their keys would get stuck in the ignition, the engine wouldn’t shut off or in some cases it would shut off at the most dangerous time. The ignition was eventually recalled as part of one of the largest recalls of all-time , but it took GM 10 years to do it. Then there’s this car’s temperamental power steering which is prone to stop working randomly while driving. It too was eventually recalled, even if GM took their sweet time about it.

Lastly, it turns out a car built with plastic doors, fenders and bumpers – while fun for a game of “shopping cart bocce” – is horrible for safety.

4.3

2006 Saturn Ion accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Saturn Ion:

2006 Saturn Ion Owner Comments

Apr 022014

Ion 4-cyl

The sun visor on driver's side will no longer stay in the up position. It is loose and just hangs down and it blocks my vision. The first time I became aware of this I was driving and the visor fell down blocking my vision for a few minutes. It startled me and caused me to swerve off the road. Now the visor just hangs down all the time and blocks my vision. GM has no recall on this item right now but I feel they should correct this at no cost to customers. I only have about 26000 miles on my car so this certainly should not have happened at such an early date. Will you please pursue this with GM for us? I have been quoted $200 to $400 to have this repaired. Thank you.

- Atlanta, GA, USA