NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: With the 2007 model year we finally get to bid adieu to a car famous for poor safety marks, a dangerously defective ignition and power steering that would work … sometimes.

2.6

2007 Saturn Ion miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Saturn Ion:

2007 Saturn Ion Owner Comments

Jun 012015

Ion

It is difficult to get the key out of the ignition. I have to turn the wheel all the way to the right, then 1 turn to the left. I have already had recall 14063 and 14113 performed on my car. I told the mechanic about it, and it worked correctly for a couple of weeks then went back to not letting me get the key out of the ignition unless the steering wheel is turned a certain way. This happens when I am try to leave after I park.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Nov 012015

Ion

Thermstat gauge does not register a temperature

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Sep 102015

Ion

I have had intermittent issues with my passenger airbag light coming on and off. My vehicle has about 65,000 miles on it and I do not feel safe driving it with passengers. My gas cap light is on and off as well, and now, water is pooling on the floor for no reason after a dealer looked at my car. I have reported my airbag case to GM, as well as to the NHTSA hotline. I feel like airbag issues should be covered in all vehicles, particularly if there is no evidence of a crash. I do not have an airbag on/off switch, so I have no way to turn it on/off. My concern is that it may deploy for no reason, possibly injuring my passengers. All of my issues are on the passenger side of my car. (reported by friend of vehicle owner) no documentation other than case number info given to GM. Specific date just Sept 2015.

- Hickory, NC, USA

Aug 092013

Ion

Unable to change the cabin mode airflow from defrost to feet to sides, cable disengaged, GM has discontinued the part for sedan, part number 5240994901 941476, unable to find acceptable replacement part at any GM parts dealers/sellers around country. If one cannot change the direction of the airflow one cannot defrost for visibility. This part covers 2003-2007 Ions, the car is only 8 years old, if that.

- Warwick, RI, USA

Mar 152015

Ion

Per past recall, my ignition switch was replaced. Previously, ignition keys were being chewed up, and that is again the case. Key locks in place & will not turn (over) for several tries.

- Little Canada, MN, USA

Dec 012014

Ion 4-cyl

2007 Saturn Ion consumer is seeking reimbursement for repairs.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jun 252013

Ion 4-cyl

Early in 2013, we noted some moisture in the trunk of this vehicle. In late may, we hung a "damp rid" desiccant device in the trunk and noted that the "damp rid" device rapidly saturated with moisture and also formed clumps and/or crystals in the trunk of the auto. (the "damp rid" in the trunk was saturated within two weeks, whereas it takes a couple of months when hanging inside a closet in the house 1-888-326-7743). This week, I inserted a brand new 9 volt battery into a kidde model number kn-coeg-3 carbon monoxide/explosive gas monitor and placed the monitor in the trunk. Within 24 hours, the monitor was chirping. The peak level of gas after 24 hours in the trunk of the car was 10. (this household monitor can not discriminate the precise type of gas in this particular case). Today, I opened the trunk and cleaned everything out. The source of the moisture was clearly noted on the passenger side inside of the trunk because the interior of the trunk was actually muddy close to a one way flapper vent/valve on the passenger side. The one way valve measures around 4 inches high and 6 inches long. I am reporting this because of the proximity to the gas tank filler cap on the passenger side, 12 volt ac delco battery on the passenger side in the trunk, and auto emissions from this Saturn and other cars. Inhalation of any or all of these fumes or vapors can lead to health problems including erratic behavior, drowsiness, etc. Of course the risk of explosion and corrosion of sensitive electrical and fuel components is accelerated in damp conditions.

- Leland, NC, USA

Apr 062012

Ion

www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/saturn_ignition_lock.html dear GM, I have a 2007 Saturn Ion level 2, that the key will not turn off, I've removed the negative wire from the battery to get the car to shut off. Where do I go to get this fixed? I live in starksboro, vt, and the "former" Saturn of South burlington dealer (where I purchased this car new) no longer exists. The current dealer that is now at the same address has my warranty, do I take it to them" if I do will it be fixed under the warranty" the link below shows that a lot of other Saturn owners are experiencing the same issue as me. www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/saturn_ignition_lock.html I can send you more information if you actually need it. Stephen ahern 351 freedom acres P.O. Box 89 starksboro, vt 05487-0089 802-453-4145 email: Sahern@gmavt.net

- Starksboro, VT, USA