NHTSA — Electrical System: Instrument Panel Problems

2003 Saturn L200 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Saturn L200:

2003 Saturn L200 Owner Comments

Mar 012008

L200 6-cyl

We own a 2003 L300 from Saturn. The problem with my vehicle as well as many other Saturn is a computer called a BCM. A body control module. This device controls everything from the odometer to the door locks. All dashboard functions shut down intermittently. While driving my vehicle, the speedometer shuts off, the gas gauge reads "0" and the service engine lit illuminates. I did a quick search on the net after I was given an estimate, and there were a great number of people who are experiencing the exact same problem. There are people who have low mileage that have the same experience. I have less than 40 miles on our car and we're being force to replace this computer part or risk being stranded or locked out of the vehicle. Since there are so many customers experiencing this problem, shouldn't Saturn recall the part, or replace it at no charge to the customers. It's not fair to sell defective parts in new vehicles.

- Cerritos, CA, USA