2007 Saturn Outlook drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Saturn Outlook:

2007 Saturn Outlook Owner Comments (Page 5 of 6)

Feb 112013

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Outlook. The contact was driving approximately 35 mph when a noised emitted from outside of the vehicle with a heavy vibration. The contact maneuvered to the side of the road. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer for diagnosis where the technician advised that the drive shaft front bolts were loose and the drive shaft would need to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. There were two technical service bulletins associated with the failure under NHTSA action numbers: 10024227 (power train ) and 10042291 (power train ) but no recalls. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 60,170.

- Las Cruces, NM, USA

Feb 052013

Transmission failure.

- Collinsville, IL, USA

May 022012

Outlook 6-cyl

In may, the vehicle began shuttering and lost all power. The vehicle was towed to a dealership and they said that the wave plate had broken. In December 2012, the transmission displayed an overheating warning, but dealership said no problems noted (approx 110000 miles) then in Jan 2013 (113000) miles the transmission would not shift out of 2nd gear. Dealership said that it was now a broken pressure switch and not covered under the previous repair warranty.

- Perryville, MD, USA

Jan 222013

Was driving down the highway when I went to pass a car the car hesitated the engine revved up. Transmission went out. Was almost hit by the truck behind me. Once I got in a safe location did a little research and found that many people have had the same problem. It is just a matter of time when this problem will cause someone to get hurt or killed.

- Haughton , LA, USA

Jan 032013

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Outlook. The contact stated that while traveling 45 mph and attempting to accelerate, the vehicle would not respond. The contact took the vehicle to a mechanic and was told that the transmission needed to be replaced because the wave plate failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and the current mileages were 74,000.

- California, MO, USA

Jan 022013

Outlook 6-cyl

My 2007 Outlook when I was 70 miles from home started acting funny. I went to get on the interstate where people are running 75 mph and I got to 40 mph off the off ramp and it wouldn't shift it was running about 4000 RPM, I slowed down moved to the shoulder. Had my husband come pick us up, it was 20degrees out. He drove it for a few days, took it by trailer to an auto shop and the wave plate in the transmission was broke. As I have heard many of the same issues with this transmission.$ 2700 later my car I have owned for 11 months now has a new transmission. You should not have to put a new transmission in at 74,000 miles. This was scary and needs to be recalled, we easily could have been hit by a car going 75 miles an hour.

- California, MO, USA

Oct 152012

Outlook 6-cyl

Driving on highway, transmission would not shift properly. Fortunately traffic was light, and I was able to exit the highway without an accident. Dealer advised fluid pressure switch/transmission control module needed to be replaced. One year previous, transmission wave plates needed to be replaced.

- Stony Point, NY, USA

Feb 152012

Outlook 6-cyl

Vehicle's transmission started slipping a day before the incident. My wife was driving my 4 year old son home from daycare when the transmission stopped working. The vehicle would not move forward or backwards. About 28000 miles later the transmission has started slipping again. We no longer feel safe driving this vehicle.

- Columbus, GA, USA

May 262011

Outlook 6-cyl

My transmission went on my well maintained 07 Saturn Outlook one week after recommended transmission fluid change.. initially GM told me they needed to replace the transmission. At this time it was under warranty. They decided instead to repair it. This December the transmission went again, this time it was three months out of warranty so GM will do nothing. I feel it is related to the initial repair. A technical service bulletin was issued recognizing a faulty transmission plate which when it breaks can damage other parts. This is what happened to my car.

- Howell, NJ, USA

Jun 112011

Outlook 6-cyl

Transmission failed on a steep hill goin up. Almost was rear-ended. Had transmission replaced. 1/4/2013, new transmission failed @ 135000 miles. Only lasted 44000 miles and 1year and half. Failed going 70 mph on interstate, had to pull over pass speeding traffic, almost got nailed by semi-truck. GM not doing anything but sorry you are out of luck! nice service. Glad we bailed them out.

- Fenton, MO, USA

Jan 022013

Transmission problems and slipped going into 3rd gear and revved, would not shift up to 4th gear and we were in the middle of a busy highway. Had to pull into a parking lot and check things out. Parked and checked it out. Once we were done tried to back out and no reverse also. Took it to get the error codes read and found P0776 (3-5-R wave plate).

- Hinesville, GA, USA

May 102011

In May 2012 the torque converter failed, it was replaced - $1700 on December 10th the transmission failed, it was replaced (along with the torque converter-still under warranty) - $4235.

- Biglerville, PA, USA

Dec 052011

Outlook 6-cyl

Wave plate broke inside the transmission. Loose metal from wave plate damaged many parts throughout the transmission. Original estimate was $3500 due to being 3 months outside warranty. GM agreed to cover remaining bill if I paid $1100 due to the relatively low mileage (78K). One small wave plate caused thousands of dollars of damage and GM knows this is a problem with the '07, '08, '09 Saturn Outlook.

- Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Dec 182012

Outlook 6-cyl

Vehicle's transmission suddenly lost traction. Driving my child to school and suddenly the vehicle's transmission slipped and would not run. Was caught in the middle of an intersection with 5 year old and baby on board. Thankfully oncoming traffic saw us and slowed down to go around us.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Oct 162012

Outlook 6-cyl

Driving the vehicle at 35 mph and had loss of power and would not accelerate and the check engine light came on. Took it in to have it looked at and the transmission had to be rebuilt with only 47,918 miles on it at a cost of $4000 dollars.

- Everett, WA, USA

Sep 142011

Outlook 6-cyl

My wife had been experiencing sudden acceleration and revving of engine at stop lights and then the transmission failed and left her stranded at the side of the road. We have had this repaired but the problem persists and we don't know when the transmission will fail again.

- Amherst, NY, USA

Nov 272012

Outlook 6-cyl

While driving approximately 35 miles per hour on the road, the car suddenly decelerated to 25 miles per hour and would accelerate past 25 mph. We then drove 25 mph in primarily 35 mph speed limit roads back home. Fortunately, we were less than 10 miles from our home. The car will not drive in reverse either.

- Tacoma, WA, USA

Nov 222012

Outlook 6-cyl

We pulled up to an intersection, stopped, and when we tried to proceed the vehicle would not move. The engine would rev but the transmission would not hook up. We were stranded at the intersection for several minutes while other vehicles dodged and darted around ours, it was a very unsafe situation for my family and the others around us! after many attempts we were able to get the vehicle to the shoulder and had it towed from there. I have made further efforts to get the vehicle to move but the transmission will not work.

- Brillion, WI, USA

Nov 082012

Outlook 6-cyl

Was driving and came to stop. As I started to accelerate car did not exceed 25 miles per hour. Vehicles started going around me. Got home and checked fluid levels reservoir was empty... added fluid test drove car, still not go over 25 miles per hour, took to dealer. Had just purchased vehicle 8/31/12. Dealer states it is out of warranty and will charge $500 to take out transmission and do diagnostic.

- Lima, OH, USA

Jun 202011

Outlook 6-cyl

In June of 2011 my Saturn suddenly started sticking in 2nd gear on an interstate highway. There were 37000 miles N this vehicle. I was able to exit and make it to a GM dealership where the vehicle was diagnosed with a broken 3-5wave plate which was repaired under warranty. Now 15 months later I was driving at 45 miles per hour and the vehicle suddenly revved to 5000rpm and slowed to about 10 miles per hour. The vehicle was towed to a GM dealership and the control module and solenoid valve need replacement. There are now 52500 miles on this vehicle. This is a known problem and GM has made no plan to recall the vehicle for transmission issues.

- Southampton, PA, USA