2007 Saturn Outlook electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Saturn Outlook:

2007 Saturn Outlook Owner Comments (Page 3 of 5)

Dec 162011

Outlook 6-cyl

My key keeps getting stuck in the ignition, my husband has to disconnect the battery to get it out, I have told GM about the problem they say that they are not aware of the problem but when I go online I see hundreds of posts about their vehicles having the same problem. I'm sure that they do know about it. The vehicle is not in a safe position (park) when the key gets stuck in the ignition. I think that GM needs to be held liable and the issue needs to be recalled.

- Wendell, NC, USA

Aug 172011

Driver side headlight works intermittently. GM dealer instructed me that the wiring harness was broken at the plug where it plugs into the light socket. It seems that there are other owners experiencing the same problem and do not about this sight to file the complaint. I have read on other forums and know this for sure and if there is a problem then the national safety board should make a recall on the issue and have everyone's problem taking care of.

- Cartersville, GA, USA

Jun 012009

Outlook 6-cyl

Passenger side low beam headlamp socket/wiring harness melted. Both (driver side / passenger side) low beam headlamp socket/wiring harness have melted in the past two years. Light bulb was oem bulb and was not burnt out. Nstb needs to issue recall and get GM to replace with more suitable socket/wiring harness.

- Pasco , WA, USA

Nov 062011

Outlook 6-cyl

Driverside low beam headlamp socket/wiring harness melted. This is the 2nd time this has occurred (passenger side low beam headlamp socket/wiring harness was replaced at Saturn dealership in 2009.

- Pasco, WA, USA

Nov 012011

Outlook 6-cyl

Passenger side headlamp is burnt out and the housing is melted. I have read several complaints of the same problem online and feel this is a safety issue with this car. An electrical fire is a possibility!

- Perrysburg, OH, USA

Oct 282011

My Saturn Outlook began to fail electrically last week... resulting in a diagnosis of clogged sunroof drains. I have read to great extent how this is a specific defect of these Saturn (now GM) vehicles and yet the dealership will not claim any responsibility?! I am blown away by the almost $2000 price tag to fix what is in effect their fault.

- Newburyport, MA, USA

Oct 082011

Outlook 6-cyl

Headlight wiring harness melted on passenger side daytime driving lamp - must replace entire harness ($40).

- Middleburg, FL, USA

Oct 082011

Outlook 6-cyl

Drivers side low beam went out. Known problem. Its all over the forums. Many cases of the same issue. Supposedly it is the wiring harness going to the headlamp. There has been cases of it melting which could cause fire. Saturn/GM doesn't care. Contacted numerous dealers and every one of them is trying to rip me off. What does it take to get a recall on this" death" GM needs to make this right.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jul 132011

Outlook 6-cyl

Passenger side low-beam head lamp has been fixed twice. Have determined that the wiring harness is defective. I believe that a recall is in order on this recurring manufactures problem for many consumers.

- Hurricane, UT, USA

Sep 212011

Outlook 6-cyl

About a month ago, the headlights on the drivers side of my 2007 Outlook xr started experiencing intermittent operation. I tried to take it into the shop once, but by then they had come back on. A few weeks later, both of my headlights went out. This time, I had the shop look further into the problem. As it turned out, both of the headlight harnesses were completely melted and my mechanic reported that one even appeared to have caught fire. We had to pay to replace the headlight assemblies because there has not been a recall issued for our Outlook, even though I have seen online reports of this sort of problem. I was told that the new headlight assemblies are much sturdier and that this problem shouldn't reoccur, however, I feel that GM should have been the one to pay for the repair. Obviously there was an issue with the metal and/or wiring on the first headlight harnesses. I would like to see GM issue a recall on these and for us to be reimbursed for the cost we've already incurred.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Sep 142009

The right front head light wiring harness melts down causing a head light failure.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Sep 042011

Outlook 6-cyl

My drivers side headlight went out. I purchased a new one and when I installed it, it did not work. I checked the connection more thoroughly and found the connector melted on one side. The copper connecter was black and the surrounding black plastic brittle and misshapen. You cannot replace the wire harness without removing the composite light fixture which looks like you need to remove the front bumper assembly. The average car owner would have a difficult time just replacing the low beam lamp. The high beam lamp requires disassembly. Of the composite headlamp unit. The wires are thin on the lighting harness and should be recalled. There are numerous reports of the same problem and GM needs to do something about it.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Aug 102011

Outlook 6-cyl

I have owned my 2007 Saturn Outlook since new. I love my car overall, but have experienced some unwanted repairs. Besides the front passenger airbag not working properly, and the sunroof leaks, I have had to completely replace 3 headlight harnesses already. My right light went out approximately 2yrs ago. Found out the wiring was completely melted. Saturn advised this was a problem with this vehicle and replaced it under warranty at no cost. Just recently, the same headlight went out again. I took the vehicle to a Chevrolet dealership who initially told me it was just a headlight and I would have to pay for it. Turns out it was the harness again. While the harness was on order, my other headlight went out causing me to drive with highbeams for lighting for several days. Yes, it was the same problem for both lights. The Chevrolet dealership went ahead and repaired them both at no charge to me as a courtesy they said. My vehicle had 72,000 miles. While I appreciate that they covered the costs, I also feel this should not be happening in the first place. After reading several other complaints, I feel grateful I did not pay but am extremely concerned about the safety of my vehicle. This is definitely a fire hazard. My headlights were so hot I could not even touch them and that was after they burnt out! GM needs to do the right thing and recall these vehicles for immediate and permanent repairs. They keep replacing the harness with the same harness so it will continue to be a major safely hazard.

- Ramona, CA, USA

May 202009

Outlook 6-cyl

My headlight in my 2007 Saturn Outlook burned out. When inquired on replacement, I was informed I needed a whold new headlight harness - total cost $676 + tax for a headlight!

- Galena, OH, USA

Jun 252011

Outlook 6-cyl

2007 Saturn Outlook drivers side headlamp plug melted/electrical short.

- Pennsylvania, PA, USA

Jun 232011

Outlook 6-cyl

Headlight wiring harness failure.

- Graham, NC, USA

Jun 012009

Approximately mid-year 2009, the right side low-beam head light went out on my 2007 Saturn Outlook. The bulb was replaced with an after-market bulb but to my surprise, the light went out again within 2-3 weeks. Upon taking the vehicle to the Saturn dealership, the entire right front head light area was replaced as the background wiring had completely melted. The cost was over $500. The vehicle was under warranty at the time, hence there was no cost to me. On Saturday, July 2, 2011 however, the same right side head light went out again. Upon taking the vehicle to the GM dealership on Wednesday July 6, 2011, I am now told that the coils have completely melted again and the cost this time to me is $212. This is absolutely ridiculous! this has got to be a manufacturer defect as I am concerned with what is actually getting so very hot that is melting the coils. I am more concerned that this type of heat could potentially cause a fire. Something must be done to prevent an unnecessary tragedy/accident.

- Middletown, DE, USA

Jul 042011

I have also have had some bad luck with the headlight wireing on my 2007 Saturn Outlook. So when will usa ran company GM stand up and admit that there is a problem. I can't beleave that so many have had issues with faulty wireing that could pose a fire hazzard and loss of headlight function for safety. Other than that issue I love this SUV. I love how we are all playing russian roulette with our famlies lives due to a faulty wire issue in the headlight to cause them to over heat and melt expossing the copper wire. Thanks GM for showing you care about your customers...

- Braceville, IL, USA

Jun 012011

Headlight went out. Replaced with same type of bulb. Bulb was out in 4 days. Wiring harness completely melted. GM has already issued a 'tech notice' on this extensive problem, but the dealer refused to cover the repair cost of $400 because it isn't a recall. I'm sorry, but replacement of a headlight bulb that then burns up the wiring harness is a manufacturing defect and a major safety issue. Why isn't a fuse tripped if there is some issue - any time electronics melt, that is a big problem! in addition to the obvious safety issue of not having a headlight working, is there power still going to the harness" what happens if you are forced to continue driving before getting this replaced? is your car going to eventually catch fire" this needs to be recalled immediately. Based on the number of complaints I've seen with the NHTSA, this should have already been a forced recall.

- Hainesville, IL, USA

Apr 112011

Outlook 6-cyl

My 2007 Outlook xr leaks water inside of it and is messing up the electrical stuff in it. It has started telling me to have the airbag serviced, so now I am worried that it will either randomly go off or not go off when it is supposed to. It has told me that my car was over heated when I have just started it. It has continued to keep running when I have turned the key off and removed it from the ignition switch. I have read several other complaints on the internet from other owners. Edmunds website has several complaints on there that you can read. I have contacted general motor over this matter because the water leaking in is from factory defects. Other owners have taken their Outlooks in to the General Motors service centers numerous times and their Outlooks continue to leak. I had the top of my Outlook covered with plastic and water still leaked in when it rained. I vacuumed 6 gallons of water out of it and could not get all of the water out, which is going to lead to it molding and mildewing. Something needs to be done to pull these unsafe vehicles off the road.

- Clarkson, KY, USA