NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

2.0

2007 Saturn Outlook miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Saturn Outlook:

2007 Saturn Outlook Owner Comments

Mar 242016

Outlook

Liftgate was not staying up - there was a recall and I took it in - now.......I had mine ¿fixed¿ and when I was getting ready to trade in, low and behold it starts to open then closes right away again. They didn¿T change any parts, they only ¿reprogrammed¿ the motor per the paperwork. I just called the dealer repair service and they say, I am right they didn¿T the steps are to first ¿reprogram¿ and if that fixes it they don¿T have to change anything out. Now my hatch open partly then closes again, without even going all the way up and I was just told, bring it back up and we will check it and it if does not link to the recall, they will need to do more testing. Go figure¿.. my car wasn¿T doing this when I took it in, and now mysteriously this happens. Not happy!!!!!!

Mar 162016

Outlook

Roof leaks and passenger side window and door locks do not work

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Feb 162016

Outlook

External temperature sensor is giving inaccurate temperature readings. Technical service bulletin 08-01-39-008A describes the issue with my vehicle perfectly. This same tsb lists my vehicle as affected by this problem. I contacted two dealership service departments and GM corporate twice about this issue. They will not perform the work because their VIN search does not yield the tsb as applicable my vehicle. On one occasion I was able to convince the customer service representative to look up the tsb and they confirmed my vehicle's make/model listed on the tsb. I have a serious concern about ice/inclement weather not being reported as it should. When driving through some of the mountainous regions here, the temperature can drop quickly without occupants being aware. Problem occurs intermittently both sometimes while driving and sometimes after starting. There is no observed difference based on parking location (in the shade, garaged, outside in the sun, etc...) the problem sometimes corrects itself after vehicle has been turned off. The problem has been observed at least a dozen times.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Feb 152016

Outlook

While driving at 30 mph daah board lit up - engine power reduced - traction control go off and stabiltrak says it's off. I lost all power in car while driving including steering with kids in the car, and incoming traffic. Car would not restart immediately, it took 10 min. For it to start back up and dash lit up stating "starting disabled, service throttle". taking to service repair - saw service.bulletin for other models with same issues.

Sep 212015

Outlook

For a couple weeks I've been having problems opening my trunk hatch, I tried again today and it didn't open. I then bent down to pick up my bags when the hatch opened on its own and hit me in the head pretty hard. It's very frustrating not being able to open my trunk when I have groceries in it. I didn't go to the doctor or the er because I work in the medical field and can recognize the signs of a concussion.

- Niles, MI, USA

Aug 082015

Outlook

On two occasions my car stopped driving while going around 40 to 55 mph. I was driving sometime the end of July 2015 when the car stopped without warning while going about 45 mph. The dash lights were on but all panels were on 0. it made a couple of thrusts then stopped. After a minute I put my foot on the gas and the car resumed driving. On August 8th while my husband was driving it going about 55 mph the car stopped again with no warning but finally a warning came on indicating a problem with the stabilitrak and then he was able to press the gas and the car started moving again. We will be making an appointment with dealership service center to find out what the problem is but from my research this seems to be a recurring problem. Thankfully no one was behind us both times or someone could of been seriously hurt. Please investigate this problem before someone does die.

- Acworth, GA, USA

Feb 042015

Outlook

Since Feb., the engine light on my Saturn has been coming on/going off. Since then is no longer under warranty, took it to a local mechanic who read the obd code as P0017 and cleared the code. We were told to replace the gas cap--we bought a new one--engine light back on/back off. I began googling this and found there were many Saturn owners with this issue. Finally, just this past week, I learned that GM had indeed issued a service bulletin about this--affecting the timing, which is another issue I was told could be the problem. Then, since GM had had so many complaints, they extended the warranty/fix, however, they only extended it to 120K miles/10 years, whichever occurs first. My car is not 10 years, but, it does have over the mileage. My question is who decides these magic numbers"?" this Saturn has been a lemon to say the very least! major flooding inside the car---we repaired it with no help from GM; thermostat failed--we repaired it with no help from GM; transmission failed--we replaced it with no help from GM; etc.; etc. You do not receive these service bulletins (only recalls), then once you realize you have an issue and take it in, your beyond the mileage. We purchased this Saturn due to so many friends who owned one and swore by it!! this, and the fact that in our 45+ year marriage, we've only owned GM products. But, no more!!! this cured us!!

- Griffin, GA, USA

Oct 172014

Outlook 6-cyl

I have been noticing that my driver side and passenger side floors are getting soaked with water. This has been happening for about a month. The main problem was that my it was just above freezing and I had ice built up on the inside of my windshield and had to wait to get it to defrost and then dry the windshield before I could drive the vehicle. At first I thought the sunroof was left cracked so I took the floormats out and during the day, left the sunroof and windows open to dry out the car. This did not work or solve the problem. I took my car to a car wash today (11/9/14) and when I was leaving the lot, I was on a slight downward slope to stop before entering the street. I noticed that water was coming through the driver side a pillar where the airbag logo is at. On the passenger side, water was running down the inside of the windshield on the dash, getting the passenger wet. Very frustrated that there is no recall for the sunroof leak as General Motors knows of the problem but will not fix the problem as it is due to the sunroof drains/drainage tubes.

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA

Jun 272014

Outlook 6-cyl

While turning across 2 oncoming lanes into a shopping center in my 2007 Saturn Outlook, I suddenly had no power to the wheels. No power in drive or reverse. Luckily, no oncoming vehicles. Towed to dealership who advised transmission was destroyed. Cost to replace- $3950, and transmission is on back-order. Vehicle is still at dealership waiting for parts as of 07/06/14. Outlook was purchased new and has been serviced regularly. It has only been driven by my wife and I and has never been used to tow. Research has shown this to be too common of a safety problem for a vehicle with 58,000 miles.

- Snohomish, WA, USA

Jul 302012

Outlook 6-cyl

Leaking front sunroof of Saturn Outlook xe 2007. This has affected the wiring within the vehicle and causing other issues as well as the water continues to come into the vehicle. Multiple attempts to fix the problem have not solved it.

- Mount Horeb, WI, USA

Dec 182012

Outlook 6-cyl

Vehicle's transmission suddenly lost traction. Driving my child to school and suddenly the vehicle's transmission slipped and would not run. Was caught in the middle of an intersection with 5 year old and baby on board. Thankfully oncoming traffic saw us and slowed down to go around us.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Aug 022011

Outlook

There is an issue with all these vehicles with water leaking into the vehicles somewhere as of today 1/20/2012 the dealership has had my vehicle and can not find where the water is coming in. The water is leaking out thru the airbag areas, the seatbelt areas and the headliners onto the dash. I am worried about electrical problems. GM/Saturn has had several complaints about this issue (edmunds.com) shows a multitude of complaints but there yet has been any recall made to attempt to figure out this problem and not only that the dealership said I could be financially responsible for this and not GM/Saturn even though there are serious issues with this happening. This leak could if it has not already caused some type of electrical issues that have not been detected yet and I will be stuck because GM will not recall this item. They did have arecall for this in 08 but it doesn't seem to be holding up and I was actually told by a dealership that "I was screwed". help us please.

Sep 122009

Outlook

When purchased we were told there had been a problem with sunroof leakage but it had been fixed. Since then 5 times in for repair leaking sunroof water coming out of airbag holders, dome lights, overhead electronics. Several fuses have been blown now we wonder if the side impact airbags are still functional water ran out by them. This is not just a drip but water pours out.

- Swannanoa , NC, USA

Aug 052008

Outlook

Problems with passenger airbag - sometimes it would say off when a passenger is seated and sometimes it would say on and then turn off after some time. Had to have work done on the fuel pump, then the drive shaft went to the point where it car had to be towed. I was told that this never happens. Currently, the car now kicks back when the car is first moved for that day and the dash board will flash, either, speed limited to 108pmh (when pulling out of driveway), park assist is off (when it is on),or traction control is off (when it has never been touched) - the car will also shut off without me doing so. I have taken it to a Saturn dealership and they say that they can find anything wrong with the car. I am currently five months pregnant and I do not feel safe in the car. When the car kicks back it hurts.

- Lewes, DE, USA