2008 Saturn Outlook lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Saturn Outlook:

2008 Saturn Outlook Owner Comments (Page 4 of 12)

Aug 162010

Outlook 6-cyl

2008 Saturn Outlook headlights connector and harness melted on both headlight to the point that headlights not turning on.

- Katy, TX, USA

Mar 012011

Outlook 6-cyl

In March, 2011, my cars left headlight burned out. When I changed the light, I discovered that the wiring harness had melted. I replaced the harness with a GM part bought at a dealership. Last week, the right headlight burned out. Again, when I changed the light, I discovered that the wiring harness also had melted. The wires seem small to me, and are smaller than the wires on the replacement harness.

- Mesquite, TX, USA

Aug 012011

Outlook 6-cyl

Right headlight low beam connection has melted. Was able to remove bulb, but badly burnt, can not replace lamp.

- Oliveburg, PA, USA

Jul 082009

Right low beam head light harness replaced harness.18 months later the left side head light harness melted and the vehical is out of warranty.

- Darlington, MD, USA

Aug 292011

Outlook 6-cyl

Right headlight would work sometimes and others not. Took into the dealership to have repaired and warranty does not cover. Dealership tried to charge me 300 just to replace the harness. Needless to say my car is parked for now and hubby will be replacing his self. Harness cost $25.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 272011

Passenger side low beam headlight was out. We purchased a new bulb, when my husband went to replace the bulb he found a wire exposed and the plug in was burnt. The socket is the cause so now we have to buy a new socket. I think this dangerous, it looks as if it could possibly cause a fire.

- Cabins, WV, USA

Aug 172011

Outlook 6-cyl

-2008 Saturn Outlook xr -passenger and driver side day-time running light and low-bean headlight stopped working entirely. Upon inspection wiring harness was melted. Have to take to dealership to re-wire harness and replace bulbs so I can drive at night.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jun 232011

Outlook 6-cyl

Low beam continues to go out and there is a continual smell of burning wires in my 2008 Saturn Outlook. The wiring harness has been replaced once. Wiring harness was replaced because it was burnt.

- Ball, LA, USA

Aug 182011

Outlook 6-cyl

2008 Saturn Outlook headlamp wiring harness melted on drivers side (3rd time this has occurred). This is a safety issue!

- Centennial, CO, USA

Aug 182011

The contact owns a 2008 Saturn Outlook. The contact stated that the wiring for the exterior lights was melted. As a result, the lights would not function at night. In addition, the vehicle would not shift into third gear while driving. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, where the dealer diagnosed that a speed sensor was needed to repair the transmission and an exterior lighting assembly was needed to repair the wiring. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified and informed the contact that the vehicle was out of warranty. The failure and current mileages were 100,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Swartz Creek, MI, USA

Jan 152009

Outlook 6-cyl

I have a 2008 Saturn Outlook which I purchased new. I have had multiple problems with the front headlight wiring harness burning out/melting. This has happened twice to both headlights. The first time this happened I was able to have the dealer (GM at that time) fix the problem under warranty. The last 3 times I have had to pay for this myself since the vehicle was no longer under warranty. GM was willing to fix it, but not cover the cost, so I took it to my local repair shop because it was less expensive there.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Jul 282011

Outlook 6-cyl

Passenger headlight not working on the 2008 Saturn Outlook xe. This vehicle only has 33,000 miles on it, so I'm quite surprised that it has already stopped working. I've read on other websites that there is a possible issue with the wiring harness being faulty and melting. This concerns me due to the fact that this lightbulb and wiring harness is not an easy part to replace.

- Flat Rock, MI, USA

Jul 232011

Outlook 6-cyl

I have a 2008 Saturn Outlook, on 7/26/11 my driver side headlamp bulb went out. After I looked at it closely, the harness was charred and melted. This was the second time this has happened to the driver side headlamp. The first time happened at 21,000 miles, very early for something like this to happen. I called the dealer and they quoted me on three parts if needed: Bulb $18; harness $40; headlamp assembly $377. Something is wrong with that headlamp wiring that has cause this problem again and im not the only one. This shouldn't be happening to a fairly new vehicle. GM needs to fix this issue if they expect customers to be loyal and continue buying their vehicles. This might be my last GM vehicle.

- Murrieta, CA, USA

Jul 252011

The right front headlight of our 2008 Outlook went out. I replaced it. After a few months it went out again. This time when I looked at the socket into which the bulb was to sit, I noticed it was melted and burned.

- Waterford, MI, USA

Jul 232011

Vehicle headlight bulb on passenger side blew out. Thought the bulb was just blown. Found the wire harness had melted also. Found on the internet this a well known issue, with the harnesses melting.. fire could have occurred in my opinion. Vehicle out of warranty, so dealer wont cover. Service bulletin available but vehicle out of warranty

- Monee, IL, USA

Jul 152011

Outlook 6-cyl

My headlight burned out on my 2008 Saturn Outlook. I tried to replace it and it still didn't work. I had a shop replace it thinking that I touched the bulb and was told that the socket/harness was melted and some of the wires beyond that were exposed. I called the dealer and this is not covered under extended warranty and was told that even if fixed, would happen over and over because the bulb is too hot and melts the wiring. I think this is a design issue and should be recalled. There are thousands of claims of this happening exactly the same way so it is a design flaw and should be dealt with by GM. I have since gotten pulled over and issued a citation for no headlight but don't have the outrageous amount of money to replace all components and pay labor charges of 1.6 hours plus. This is dangerous due to loss of headlights for visibility, intermittent working of headlights, which if both went out could leave me stranded with four kids, and the exposed wire could cause an engine fire or short that could damage other components or the whole vehicle. So as of this message I still only have one working headlight (which may burn out soon too if its too hot for the wires) and am waiting for my next ticket......

- Georgetown, TX, USA

Jul 202011

Passenger side headlights have burnt out twice in the last several months. The second time we went to change it the wires are all melted. Need to have taken in for a new wire harness, this happened already twice to the drivers side of my vehicle. It is dangerous to have wires melting over and over. This is also a costly repair that should be recalled since it is not normal for this many cars to have this exact same problem, it is obviously a faulty design.

- Pittsboro, IN, USA

Jul 162011

2008 Saturn Outlook. Replaced both front headlights in the past two months. Headlights burned out again. Headlight wiring has melted - have to replace wiring and wiring harness. This should be a recall - it's not due to wear and tear of vehicle. Is poor equipment used in manufacturing.

- Hamilton, 00, USA

Jul 052011

Outlook 6-cyl

In June of 2010, the right headlight went out on my 2008 Saturn Outlook. After taking to the dealer, it was discovered that the wiring harness had melted ! the harness was replaced at that time. While on vacation this July, 2011, and 800 miles from home, the left headlight is working when it wants to. After reading several other complaints, I am quite concerned about this problem and fearful of a fire. My vehicle has approx. 45,000 miles on it at this time. Of course, the bumper to bumper warranty has expired. I feel that this matter should be checked into and repairs should be done at no cost to the customer. A recall is needed immediately !

- Laurel, MD, USA

Sep 102010

Outlook 6-cyl

I have a 2008 Saturn Outlook that has a faulty headlight. At first, I thought it was a bulb and purchased a new one. Then, it went out again a few week later. Did the same thing again, purchased a bulb and replaced it. That went out shortly also. Finally had to take to dealer. Turns out to be a faulty wiring harness and it costs hundreds of dollars to fix. Because I was out of my bumper to bumper warranty by that time the fix was not covered even though it was under warranty when it first was a problem. My warranty expired during the time I wasted with changing bulbs. Based on my research this has been a chronic known problem for GM for several years, yet GM has not resolved the situation with a recall.

- Cullowhee, NC, USA