2008 Saturn Outlook seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Saturn Outlook:

2008 Saturn Outlook Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

May 062016

The contact owns a 2008 Saturn Outlook. The contact stated that the vehicle did not register passenger side air bags. The failure occurred without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the passenger presence system module was defective and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 75,000. The VIN was not provided.

- New York, DE, USA

May 012015

The service airbag message has been on for about 1 year and it appears no recall has been issued for my 2008 Saturn Outlook. I am very concerned about premature deployment of the driver/passenger airbag. I am also very concerned about no deployment at all should there be an accident. Furthermore, I have read that the seatbelt tensioners may not work properly when this message is displayed. This message stays on constantly when the vehicle is turned on while stationary and while driving. Me, my wife and 2 small children are affected by this safety concern. Please have a recall issued.

- Pasadena, TX, USA

May 112016

When it rains, the headliner gets soaked. The water runs down arm going down in the front that connects the roof and dashboard and floods the driver side dead pedal and floor board. Water also leaks from rear sunroof glass and drips from the rear dome light and leaks to the 3rd row seats/rear compartment.

- Hoffman Estates, IL, USA

Dec 012015

My passenger airbag light stays on, on the dash and when someone is sitting in the seat sometimes it will show on but most of the time it's off. We took it in to have the recall for the wiring done but it still stays on.

- Hogansville, GA, USA

Dec 312015

My service air bag light continues to come on for a period of time after having brought the car in for the recent air bag recall. I think it started after they did the last recall on the wiring harness connectors. Now, I am told that this is not related to the recall, but that the passenger presence module may need to be replaced. Code B0081. The cost to repair/replace is $780. I have seen many similar complaints online of this same problem. I believe this is a defect and an important safety concern. I was advised the passenger air bag may or may not deploy.

- Bloomington, IN, USA

Dec 142015

Warning light says 'service air bag'. this is a GM recall item since 2014. This light just started on my car. GM will not service my car as it says it is not an open recall item for my VIN. Please help.

- Bethesda, MD, USA

Dec 182015

The sunroof leaks when it is closed, and this is causing water to come in to the roof of the vehicle. Water is coming in from the front air bags, the windshield, under the dash, out of the garage door opener, the visor, and the back seat belts. I now have to replace the body control module which is related to the water damaging the unit. I am fearful the with the water getting in by the airbags that if I get into an accident they will malfunction. I have also been receiving messages about servicing the stabilitrac, but when I have had it looked at the mechanic can't find anything wrong, so this could also be related to the body control module.

- Albert Lea, MN, USA

Jul 012015

The contact owns a 2008 Saturn Outlook. While driving at 65 mph, the air bag light failed to illuminate when a passenger was occupying the seat. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 97,000.

- New Hempstead, NY, USA

Jun 192015

I started the vehicle in the am on 19 Jun 2015 and the "service air bag" light would not go out.

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

Jun 092015

My service air bag light continues to come on after having brought it in twice for the recent air bag recalls. Today I was told that it wasn't related to the recall, but that the passenger presence module needs to be replaced. The cost to repair/replace is over $900. I was told that because of this problem, the air bag may or may not deploy in the event of a crash. I have seen numerous accounts online of this same problem. I believe this is a defect and an important safety concern, not a typical repair such as brakes or needing new tires.

- Dunedin, FL, USA

Mar 172014

My air bag service light came on display awhile back and I was told that GM would issue a recall but since I didn't hear from them I decided to call them and they kept giving me the run around. I told them of my concerns and for the safety of me and my family while driving in this Outlook but it didn't seem to matter to them. They were non-nonchalantly treating my problems as if it were not important to them and that it was my problem and that I should have fixed it myself. (he was being real sharp with me) so much that I could tell it was going to end up with me receiving no help from him and the company. I wish that they would own up to their mistakes and fix whats obligated to them. General Motors llc (GM) is recalling certain model year 2008-2013 Buick enclave and GMC acadia and 2009-2013 Chevrolet traverse and 2008-2010 Saturn Outlook vehicles. In the affected vehicles, increased resistance in the driver and passenger seat mounted side impact air bag (siab) wiring harnesses may result in the siab and seat belt pretensioners not deploying in the event of a crash. Consequence: Failure of the side impact air bags and seat belt pretensioners to deploy in a crash increase the risk of injury to the driver and front seat occupant.

- Waco, TX, USA

Nov 042014

Outlook 6-cyl

The passenger airbag light indicator showed off when a (heavy enough) passenger was sitting in the front passenger seat. This would happen intermittently. When I took it in to be checked, they said I needed a software update (done without asking for a cost of $62.98). When I called GM, they said airbags were my responsibility after the warranty period ended. Shouldn't they be responsible for software problems with airbags. I have onstar, if a software issue was occurring, it seems they would tell me.

- Royal Oak, MI, USA

Feb 052015

While traveling on the interstate on a rainy day with the windshield wipers on, water entered the vehicle from the windshield on both sides. Water was also dripping from the side air bag location.

- Sunrise, FL, USA

Jan 242015

Outlook 6-cyl

Passenger side air bag, seat switch or whatever intermittent for along while. Worked most of time. Now has 100000 on it. Took in Jan. 24, 2015, for recall on connector did not fix, now does not work at all. At least before I took it in it worked most of the time. Now get message service air bag, and the passenger side light on most of the time. Talked to Saturn customer service, just got run around and no help.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Dec 022014

Passenger airbag seat sensor/module doesn't recognize a passenger in no matter the weight.dealership wants $900 for new part. This is a safety issue not a wear and tear issue and should be resolved by GM.

- Dickinson , TX, USA

Sep 012014

About every 5 min beeping sound would sound and dashboard stated, service air bag, service brakes/stabilizer & would cutoff cruise control.headlights very dim at night.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Mar 062014

Outlook 6-cyl

In March of this year I turned my 2008 Saturn Outlook into haley GMC in midlothian va to fix a recall concerning an air bag warning light that was on in the car. Air bag recall 14030 was performed, however, the warning light was still on in the cabin. Service department at haley informed me that the recall was performed per GM specifications however, the warning light was still on due to a faulty passenger presence module (diagnostic code: B0081). At the time of this repair I had an extended warranty under the gmpp (General Motors protection plan) which was still valid until August of 2014 or 107,000 miles which ever came first. I was told by gmpp that this module was not covered under my current warranty. Since this visit I have taken my complaint through not only the dealership but through corporate GM on two separate occasions pleading with them that this was a safety related issue not a warranty issue. GM has stated to me that this is not a safety related issue and that this part is no longer covered under warranty. They want me to pay them $900 for this repair and I refuse to pay them because this repair should be covered under General Motors. This same issue has been reported by numerous other GM vehicles besides the Saturn Outlook, including the GMC acadia and Saturn sky. I would like to get assistance from your department in challenging back to GM to get this issue addressed for I am driving around in an unsafe vehicle that there is a good chance that if a passenger is traveling with me in the front of the vehicle that the air bag will not go off in a frontal collision.

- Chesterfield, VA, USA

Jan 152014

Outlook 6-cyl

My 2008 Saturn Outlook was taken into the dealer for the "service air bag recall" which was reset by the dealer, the light came on the following day..the car was taken back to the dealer the following week to have it looked at again, as to which the dealer charged us $120 to look at it this time which is absurd, since this is a recall why should we owners have to pay anything..they informed us that it was a bad sensor under the seat and that it was not covered by the warranty...the dealer informed us that it would cost $965 to be fixed, I've been doing research and come to my findings many other owners of the same vehicle have had the same problem, and the same issue with the dealer having the owner pay for this problem..this problem with the vehicle should be covered by the dealer not us owners, since it is a recall, they will not replace a loved one if there is an accident will they? of course not.

- La Habra, CA, USA

Sep 012014

At start up the dic shows a "service air bag" message'. after driving for a few miles the message will disappear. The message will appear and disappear while moving. A red warning light also appears in the speedometer. A GM recall 14030 appears to be the same problem I am having but my vehicle isn't included in this recall. I have purchased this vehicle brand new and it has never been involved in an accident. It has just turned 26,00 miles. It has had a few recalls that have been completed. Please investigate.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Jun 052012

Outlook 6-cyl

I filed a complaint #10596533 in June 2014 about my air bag. It is as follows: "in the past few months I have noticed that the passenger side air bag on my 2008 Saturn Outlook says off even when a full sized adult is sitting in the seat. Sometimes if you move around in the seat or get out and then get back in it will come on but there are not guarantees. I took it to my dealer and they informed me that it is a sensor in the seat and that I will have to pay $900 to replace the sensor so that my passenger side air bag will actually function. After searching the web I have found that this is a very common problem and that it needs to be a 'safety recall". it is obvious that it is a wide spread problem with a ridiculous price tag for fixing. An unaffordable price for any average person! if the company cares about safety they will put out a recall and fix this problem. In addition I noticed on several sites that even after the sensor was replaced that the same problem occurred. In my opinion they need to come up with a whole new system for the passenger side airbags. We should be able to feel safe in our own vehicles." I haven't resolved my problem. The dealer first said they would pay 30% of the $900 if I covered the rest. They have now decided that they will cover 70% if I cover the remaining $270. Now this seem like a great deal considering the cost is $900 however it is still a safety issue and I don't think I should have to pay anything. I continue to find more complaints about the same problem. It needs to be addressed and a recall needs to be ordered. I will continue to file complaints to every organization that I find until this issue is addressed and it is replaced for free. I didn't damage the sensor it is bad on many Saturn's. and so should be recalled and fixed for safety reasons.

- Niobrara, NE, USA