2009 Saturn Outlook engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Saturn Outlook:

2009 Saturn Outlook Owner Comments

Apr 052016

When I was entering moving traffic from a completely stopped position, a car was coming faster than I realized so I floored the accelerator and this is what happened: 1.all power to my car shut off and the car rolled forward slowing down. 2.all of the dashboard lights and symbols lit up. car jolted strongly once, sputtered (many times), and hiccupped (many times). The jolt was so strong that it threw me forward and made my seatbelt catch me. the same time as # 3, the gps rebooted itself 3 times in a row and all of the car door locks unlocked and locked themselves 3 times in a row. 5.I gently pressed the accelerator and the car accelerated but the car felt weak and I felt uncertain. I was not sure what would happen if I tried to accelerate normally so I put on my emergency blinkers and slowly drove home.

- Land O Lakes, FL, USA

Sep 082015

The contact owns a 2009 Saturn Outlook. While placing the vehicle in park position, the contact heard an abnormal sound coming from the air conditioning and heating vents. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the evaporation core needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 66,603....updated 03-10-16

- Columbiana, OH, USA

Jul 152014

The contact owns a 2009 Saturn Outlook. While driving 30 mph, the oil pressure warning indicator illuminated intermittently. The dealer stated that the oil sending unit and bracket needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 51,000.

- Erin, TN, USA

Jul 062014

July 6, 2014 ? RPM / mpg as I was in the hov lane I tried to accelerate. I could hear the car transitioning, but the rpms and miles per hour did not match. At 3300 RPM the car was stuck at 60 miles per hour and would not shift out of third gear. When I took my foot off the gas the car slowed down but the needle was still on 60 miles per hour. The car randomly jerked as if it was pushing itself from behind. When I was able to stop the RPM was 2200 and the miles read 20 even though I was not moving. In addition, I had a full tank of gas when I began driving and when I came to a stop of the gas had been used.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 062012

Outlook 6-cyl

Engine would stutter at around 70mph. Issue resolved by continuing to replace ignition coils. Finally a technical note was issued saying the ECM had an issue that would overheat and melt the ignition coils. Last visit to dealer in Jan 2014 replaced all ignition coils and the ECM. Issue has not returned yet. If GM know about this issue, should they do a recall because it's a common problem according to the dealer.

- Huntington Woods, MI, USA

Apr 182014

Outlook 6-cyl

The engine on this vehicle has issues with the cylinders and misfires. This issue first started last year and was taken into the dealer for service at about 45,000 miles. The dealer could replicate the issue at speeds of about 55 mph where the engine would misfire and cause a lack of power. However due to a lack of engine codes they could not begin to solve the issue as to why this was happening. Last week the issue became worse and resulted in a loss of power on the highway. Fortunately there is now a code for the engine issue so we know that there are cylinder misfires and it can now be fixed. This is a dangerous issue for drivers as there can be a discernible engine problem that can not be diagnosed by GM's diagnostic equipment until there such a loss of power resulting in a safety issue.

- Winter Haven, FL, USA

Jul 252012

Outlook 6-cyl

Transmission slips and car bucks, shutters, and skips at a RPM at around 1400-1600 RPM's.

- Doylestown,, PA, USA

Jul 092012

I have a 2009 Saturn Outlook. Myself and several others have had Outlooks and GMC acadias that have had to replace the water pumps. This seems like either a design or defective part issue with these GM cars. It seems like a recall should be done.

- Katy, TX, USA