NHTSA — Service Brakes, Air: Disc: Rotor Problems

2002 Saturn SC1 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Saturn SC1:

2002 Saturn SC1 Owner Comments

Oct 092003

SC1 4-cyl

On August 16, 2003 I carried the car to a midas location to have my brakes and alignment checked. Upon leaving they gave me an estimate saying I needed my rotors resurfaced, rear brakes serviced, and my front brakes serviced. Which came to a total of $148.21. So, therefore I called Saturn, and had an appointment to have them check my brakes. On August 18, 2003 I took my car to the Saturn dealership of columbus, and they resurfaced my rotors and stated that was all that was wrong. Around October the brakes started squeaking again, and I called Saturn again along with a complaint that they didn't fixed my sunroof completely. On October 8, 2003, the vehicle was involved in a crash. Going around 30 mph. A car cut in front of my car and when the driver went to brake it wasn't in working condition, and struck the vehicle that was orignally in front. The driver sustained injuries to both wrists, head, chest, neck, and knee.

- Columbus,, GA, USA