NHTSA — Electrical System: Ignition Problems

1.6

2002 Saturn SC1 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Saturn SC1:

2002 Saturn SC1 Owner Comments

May 012008

SC1

After reading several cases of which Saturn ignition locking up. So I thought I would give it a shot to file a complaint to see if many a recall will be issued. I really never had any problems with my Saturn until a few months ago when I tried to start my car and the key would not turn over. I just thought it was something I was doing wrong after this happening everyday I knew something was wrong. Right now I am looking into getting this fixed before I have major problems like I have read with other customers of Saturn. Steering wheel locking up while driving or the car not being able to be turned off. Mine car is not to that point but I know if I let it go it will get to this point. The tumblers are bad in my Saturn im not sure how much it will be to fix but there should def be a recall on this matter. Esp if your steering wheel locks up when driving this is not save for anyone! I drive a 2002 Saturn SC1.

- York, PA, USA