NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine Problems

2.3

2002 Saturn SC1 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Saturn SC1:

2002 Saturn SC1 Owner Comments

Apr 012006

SC1 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Saturn SC1. While driving at any speed, the contact smelled coolant in the cab of the vehicle and noticed smoke coming from the tailpipe. The dealer has not inspected the vehicle. The failure mileage was 60,000 and current mileage was 90,000. Updated 02-01-08 updated 02/01/08

- Campbellsberg, IN, USA

Aug 012006

SC1 4-cyl

At around 75000 miles I pulled into work, put it in park, and all of a sudden my engine started to rev, (increasing without leveling. I immediately turned off the car to stop the increased revving. I tried to turn the car on again, hoping it was a fluke. And it started again. I got it towed to the dealership, and they told me it had a vaccuum leak and had to have the intake gasket replaced. And that it was going to be extensive work to replace it.

- Gardner, KS, USA