NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Manifold/Header/Muffler/Tail Pipe Problems

3.5

2002 Saturn SC1 exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Saturn SC1:

2002 Saturn SC1 Owner Comments

Feb 172007

SC1 4-cyl

On 2/1/07 my car started running rough, with no ses light coming on. After a couple of weeks the ses light came on and I took the car to the dealer for repairs. A defective intake manifold gasket had caused the rough idle, and the dealer said that if I left go to long enough it could have caused the engine to seize up. My car has only 37,315 miles on it and is garaged when not in use. A new intake manifold gasket was replaced for a cost of $463.44. I do not hot rod this car or abuse it in any fashion, I am 52 years old. If I had ignored the ses light I could have had an accident if the engine would have failed in traffic.

- Lombard, IL, USA