Brakes Failed While Driving

$1,400.00

1. rear brake lines replaced (1 reports)
1997 Saturn SC2 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Saturn SC2:

1997 Saturn SC2 Owner Comments

May 142014

SC2

When I lost my brakes there was no warning. Just right to the floor. Fortunately with a standard transmission I was able to downshift and use the E brake to finally stop. I drove to a shop and had it fixed. Note: Five months later when at the dealer having my oil changed they showed me the frame on the front end: totally rusted with chunks falling off. Went to my body shop and they wondered why the place replaced my brake lines in the first place because the rear frame which couldn't be replaced was the real problem. GM made statements about both of these issues and pooh poohed any mention of it. I minimized using my car for 8 months and traded it in on a real car. GM won't leave anything alone and they rationalize why they couldn't be responsible. Therefore they will no longer receive my business on any product.

- , Chatham, NJ, USA