Water Pump Failure

1. replace water pump (1 reports)
1998 Saturn SL cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Saturn SL:

1998 Saturn SL Owner Comments

May 022008

SL

Ok I had a really really bad leak... took me forever to find it. It was not that bad at first but then one day I filled up my tank full of water and got on the road.. not even a mile later.... bring bring "mom bring me some water.. a lot of it!!! So she brings me water and I make it back home. Well its 12 o'clock and I got to thinking "I HAVE TO PICK UP MY GIRLFRIEND IN 3 HOURS"!!! so what do I do? I get my ass to work! Hot engine and one tiny leak! THIS SUCKS! well after 25 minutes of looking I finally find the leak.. its on the water pump, the damn thing rusted??? Great, now I have to take my hot engine apart to get to the damn thing. So then my stupid ass didn't think to go buy the part before I took apart the car... SOB!! So thank god I'm close to my neighbor so he rides me to buy the part. By the time we get back I now have an hour and fifteen minutes to fix it and be at my girlfriends to pick her up. Luckily I finished just in time to make it.

- , Diberville, MS, USA