Key Won't Turn In Ignition

6.0

2. replace ignition switch (1 reports)
2002 Saturn SL1 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Saturn SL1:

2002 Saturn SL1 Owner Comments

Aug 012010

SL1 Sport

My key just got to where it wouldn't turn in the ignition to start the car or the key would just slide out of the ignition when the car was running and it would stay running when that happened. I never had the money to have the problem fixed or even to get a new key, initially assuming that the key was just worn down. Eventually I had so many problems trying to start my car that a friend of mine removed the whole area where key fits into ignition, which made it possible for me to start my car with a pair of pliers, something I continue to do even now. So far, no one has stolen my car though they would have no problem doing so, since my key is not required to start it.

- , Augusta, GA, USA

Apr 222011

SL1 4 Dr. Sedan

car won't turn over, have to play with the key in the ignition 4 quite a long time, also have 2 move the steering wheel back & forth it never does lock in place like it should, annoying, i'm afraid one of these days i'm gonna really get stuck & stranded with it-hope not, bought a new key does the same thing

- , St.Clair Shores, MI, USA