Car Shuts Down While Idling

1. install crankshaft position sensor (1 reports)
1997 Saturn SL2 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Saturn SL2:

1997 Saturn SL2 Owner Comments

Jun 192006

SL2

4cydnie back to report that the shuting down and high idling has stopped, solution crankshaft position sensor.. 12.99 Autozone and had Pep Boys install for less than 70. bucksand I'm happy to report that my car is back on the road and stays there :) :) :)

- , Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jun 142006

SL2

The problem, once the car drives less than a mile while idling at a stop light or stop sign it just shuts down and I usually have to sit about 20-30 min. before it'll start back up. I've had a major tune-up, changed the PCV valve, air intake hose, Ignition coil pack replaced and $1,104 dollars later I still haven't figured out the problem. I do have some under the hood knowledge but I'm starting to feel a little taken advantage of because I'm a woman :( If anyone has had this problem and can shed some kind of light or solve my problem pleeeeez help!!!!!

- , Los Angeles, CA, USA