Transmission Failure

6.0

1. replace transmission (1 reports)
1997 Saturn SL2 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Saturn SL2:

1997 Saturn SL2 Owner Comments

Dec 012006

SL2 4-cyl

I have to give it to my Saturn SL2: Even though her transmission went fubar at 150K, she kept running on it for another two years. (Would probably still be running if I hadn't replaced it.)

Update from Aug 22, 2009: I have to give it to my Saturn SL2: Even though her transmission went fubar at 150K, she kept running on it for another two years. (Would probably still be running. Don't know.) The service engine light came on, and she started shifting very roughly from 1st to 2nd, didn't really go in reverse at all. (You could rev the engine while backing up and it would slowly go back, but only on a flat grade.) As time went on, she ate a lot of tranny fluid and would occasionally drop into neutral while on the highway. Pain in the rear, but ultimately the car did get us from A to B. So while the tranny issues are a big deal in one way, at least in our case we still got use out of the car.

- , Shallowater, TX, USA