Mold Dampness Odor Inside

6.0

1. cleaned the drains and adjusted the door, see my update (1 reports)
1999 Saturn SL2 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Saturn SL2:

1999 Saturn SL2 Owner Comments

Jan 112010

SL2 1.9L

I just purchased this 1999 sl2, It drives great but the musty odor drives my better half nuts.. have to get a handle on it. I can't see where any water leaks occurred. First time in 40 years a problem shows up without an indication of where it is coming from....

Update from Jan 23, 2010: Rained and the I found the cause of the musty odor, It rained last night and the passengers side had water on the floor.. so after some checking I found both of the sun roof drain pipes clogged and the passenger side door not sealing all of the way.

1. I was able to get to the drains by way of the access panels in the outer shell by the passenger & driver foot well, fairly simple really. 2. I adjusted the door by bending it toward the jam a little at a time until it sealed.... I fogged water on the car for 4 hours and no leaks.. good job Jack.

Always has to be a reason for the musty odor you just have to recreate the problem which mother nature did for me

- , Bayville, NJ, USA