Smoking Engine

1999 Saturn SW2 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Saturn SW2:

1999 Saturn SW2 Owner Comments

Apr 012010

SW2 Wagon

The engine smokes, especially starting up from a traffic light. One of the spark plugs had oil on it when I had them changed. I tried an oil stop leak product (Sta-bil). It made only a minor difference. I was using a quart of oil a week, now it's down to 20 ounces.

I am past due for an inspection, and it needs to be done in order to renew my registration. I can't afford to get a new car and doubt that I can afford to replace or rebuild the engine. I have no idea what to do.

- , Centereach, NY, USA