NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

4.5

2008 Saturn Sky miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Saturn Sky:

2008 Saturn Sky Owner Comments

Jul 202015

Sky

I brought my Saturn Sky that was manufactured by GM to my local Chevrolet dealer. They told me that the module is not on recall although many other models that GM makes did and does have a recall for the same product. I will no longer let anyone ride in the passenger seat. I would hope that someone would force GM to do what they have done for all their other makes and models. If someone gets hurt or possibly killed I will have to be forced to sue someone. They say the process costs $900 and I think if anything they should pay for at least the parts. How can they recall other models and not this model?

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Jul 202015

Sky

To whom it may concern, I would like to notify the NHTSA as well as GM that the recent Hummer recall does not include vehicles that share some of it's components that are being recalled currently. It also effects the Chevrolet Colorado, GMC canyon trucks. As well as the vehicle I drive which is the Saturn Sky and it's identical Pontiac solstice. The Sky/solstice has the same HVAC unit and wiring harness that is being recalled due to fire risks in the Hummer. I have called my local Chevrolet dealership and there are no active recalls for my Sky. In order to get the revised part that is being installed in the Hummer, it would cost me $150 out of pocket without labor. Being that this is my only vehicle for work and school, I fear for my safety due to the fact that this is a low volume vehicle in comparison to the Hummer and it will be ignored by both GM and NHTSA. I believe if one vehicle gets recalled for a particular component, it is the job of both GM and NHTSA to see if said components were used in other vehicles, to which GM did for 4 other vehicles; Colorado, canyon, Sky, and solstice. Thank you for your time. Please note this complaint is simply to notify, my car has not caught fire, but I do know that my A/C is acting odd lately and I am worried about my safety and the safety of others that is being ignored.

- Tucson, AZ, USA