NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

2.4

2002 Saturn Vue miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Saturn Vue:

2002 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Sep 302016

Vue

Started the car, turned around in my driveway and started pulling out onto the road, vehicle just stalled and refused to start again, engine cracks and turns over but wont start. Thank god there wasnt any traffic or I would have been T boned. I was able to push the vehicle back offf the road. Vehicle still wont start

- Morongo Valley, CA, USA

Nov 152008

Vue

I had my 100,000 service performed on my car(2002 Saturn Vue) and six months later (less then 5,000 miles) my timing belt broke while traveling on the interstate at 65mph. I was told that it was due to a "possible oil leak" or because I hadn't had my oil changed since my last service and sludge had possible built up in the engine. While researching the problem, I noted that many others had the same problem with the Saturn L series and a few Vues. I was told to repair the timing chain, cylinder head, and gaskets would cost $2600 or I could replace the engine (not sure of the cost of a used engine at this point).

- Fairview, NC, USA

Sep 212002

Vue 4WD

Roof rack is attached via a customer/dealer installed stud that replaces the factory installed mounting screw. The stud is rusting and does not remain tight after rack and cargo box usage. Either the rust or the lack of tightness will eventually lead to cargo box and rack being torn from roof during travel. There is the possiblility for a serious accident.

- Bothell, WA, USA