2003 Saturn Vue electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Saturn Vue:

2003 Saturn Vue Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Jan 252005

I have 2 Saturn, a 2001 SC2 and a 2003 Vue. A few months ago, the battery on the SC2 went dead -- this was the 2nd battery since the vehicle was newly purchased. So now the SC2 is on its 3rd battery since taken off the Saturn showroom. The Vue was also purchased new and today the entire electrical system was dead. This vehicle is already on its 2nd battery so (it appears) that will need replacement as well. There appears to be a major electrical fault with Saturn vehicles that they refuse to admit. Otherwise, why would 2 Saturn (different models) go through a total of 5 (60-month) batteries in less than 5 years. I respectfully request that this company be investigated regarding this problem to determine why these problems exist. In the case of my SC2, Saturn (initially) refused to pay for the replacement stating that it was not covered under their extended warranty. It was only after I told them that had I purchased directly from ac delco the warranty would be honored and that they -- in their contract with delco -- refused the warranty services delco offered. They apparently knew of the electrical problems with their vehicles and wanted to fleece customers rather than pay delco extra for the warranty agreements.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 142004

Turn signal failed. The consumer replaced the bulbs but within a week they burned out again. The consumer then complained to the delaer who replaced the resistor and bulbs.

- Wayne, NJ, USA

May 032004

Vue 4-cyl

First my engine blew because Saturn did not put oil back into my Vue during a routine oil change next my control computer in the Vue had to be replaced because it did not work. Now my transmission cover needs replaced. I also hear about potential problems with the rear end suspension now. I bought a new Vue for its reliability and it is not reliable all on Saturn fault.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Apr 162004

Vue 6-cyl

I have had my 2003 Vue for about 1 1/2 years. In that time I have had an unexplainable rattle in the head liner, design flaw in the sunroof/moonroof, gas guage sensor replaced, thermostat replaced, slipping transmission, "flame outs" when trying to start the engine resulting in flooding, "jumping" to the right at acceleration from a stop, heat blowing out of the vents during the summer when the fan is shut off and temp is on cold, and this week a dazzling display of indicator lights and guages and dash lights randomly turning on and off with the eventual loss of power steering. And I thought my transmission issues with my Tahoe were bad? we purchased the Vue for our daughter to drive when she turns 16. I feel that this car will not be safe for her to drive. I am very concerned with stories I am hearing about the airbags failing, ABS failing, steering failing. This could be fatal for an inexperienced driver.

- Lincoln, NE, USA

Mar 082004

Vue 4-cyl

Air conditioner compressor failed without warning at 42,000 miles.

- Alvin, TX, USA

Jul 142003

Vue 4-cyl

I have taken my 2003 Saturn Vue in 8 times for high idle (1000 RPM) in neutral, ses light on, and engine cooling fan going on. The dealer stopped attempting to fix the problem on visit 6 (when they let my car sit at the dealership for 13 days with 1 diagnosis attempt). Another dealer has looked at the car for the last two visits. Saturn says they cannot find anything wrong. Yet I have found a Saturn service bulletin on the NHTSA website. The high idle is a safety issue because it affects my shifting. An independent ase certified mechanic has stated that the high idle and engine fan running will eventually damage the fan, engine mounts and catalytic converter. Of course, my gas mileage is compromised as well as my safety. The service bulletin pertains to the ses light, code P0171 fuel trim system lean.

- Lake Forest, CA, USA

Mar 012003

Vue 6-cyl

While driving the vehicles check engine light illuminated and then the vehicle lost all power. The vehicle was taken to the dealer on two occasions but those repairs did not correct the problem. It wasn't until the third attempt the the dealer changed the electrical harness. The consumer is not satisfied with the performance of this vehicle or the Saturn dealer.

- North Branford, CT, USA

Jun 132003

Vue 6-cyl

There is an electrical issue in the lighting system on this car. When the headlights are turned on (not the daytime running lights) the turn signal/headlight control stalk will get hot to the touch in about 20 minutes. I contacted Saturn via email and they told me to take it to my dealer. That's all well and good but Saturn of rochester (New York) is a joke.

- Penfield, NY, USA

Feb 282003

Vue 4-cyl

Misc electrical problems, car won't start, service engine soon light on, service soon light on, speedometer to zero, tachometer to zero, cruise control wouldn't work. This happened on 4 different occasions.

- Columbia, MD, USA