Blown Head Gasket

6.0

$1,800.00

1. replace oil cooler unit ( temporary fix) (1 reports)
2003 Saturn Vue engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Saturn Vue:

2003 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Jun 252012

Vue V6

• CVT transmission

I acquired this from dealer. I wanted a pre-inspection detail from trusted mechanic. I was not offered tags to get car off lot! I under trusting conditions was told to bring car back if problems. Within 48-72 hours after my inspection I wanted money returned- dealer told me no - it had to be internal. Well Geez ho about a blown Head Gasket! That should have bee enough.The dealer's mechanics should have done right in saying it was far gone.not cover a problem. They will be found out eventually.

The pre-inspection initially found mass OIL leak which I believe could be part of secondary issue. dealer took car back to "fix"- I belive it is not ..only leak was plugged.Also my pre-inspector could not do pressure test.. it was too gunky to pinpoint any issues.

I seriously believe I was sold a blown engine. Sad the Carfax on the surface did not indicate anything massive. I am not Superman.I don't have Xray vision inside an engine.I want to exchange this unsafe clunker. I was taken.

I'm ready to call the BBB.... CarFax & unfortunately a lawyer. This was a bad learning lesson. It may have been "as- is" BUT I tried to take steps on not buying/ acquiring this car. It shows one can not be TOO careful. now I have to A) worry if this car "goes" & B) how I can finance... I am not rich enough to walk away or hire lawyer.

- , Manassas, VA, USA