2004 Saturn Vue body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Saturn Vue:

2004 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

May 012014

Rear hatch won't open because actuator mechanism is broken. This happened several years ago (2013 or 14?), & there is no way to open the hatch to fix it. You have to climb thru the car to get the out jack, etc.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Aug 212014

I was going to park into a parking space of a shopping mall and when I was going to straighten out the Vue, the engine shut down and so did the ignition and I couldn't steer or stop in time before it hit a concrete base of a pole light fixture (that most of all shopping malls have throughout their lots). The right, passenger, side tire was bent so bad that it couldn't be driven and had to be smashed the fender, grill, bottom covering of the entire front plastic part along with tire rod end, strut, stabilizer bar, alignment, paint job and cost...fortunately, we have collision on this vehicle and only had to the first $1,000 for the complete job.

- Dupont, PA, USA

Oct 272014

Vue 4-cyl

I was on my way home in my 2004 Saturn Vue when a buck jumped out in front of me. I stomped on the brakes, however, I ended up hitting the buck (deer) that then ran away. My entire front in was smashed in, the air bags never deployed, the seat belts didn't lock when I stomped on the breaks. My daughter and I were both in the front seats and we both went forward messing up both of our necks and backs.

- Basehor , KS, USA

Mar 012014

Vue 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Saturn Vue, the contact stated that the door locks independently engaged and disengaged while traveling at various speeds. The contact also stated that the vehicle erroneously accelerated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 81,654 available. Updated 05/28/14 the consumer stated the vehicle would lock the door upon removing the key from the ignition. Updated 06/03/2014

- Las Vegas , NV, USA